Skip to content

Siege Mechanics

I'm extremely curious about how leading troops into battle is going to work in SoD. Is it going to be as simple as selecting your troops like you would in a strategy game, with command options showing up in the bottom panel? If so, how will that mesh with your control of your adventurer party? Is it going to be like chess in that you have a bunch of warriors who are basically your pawns, sent out as meat shields, while your party does all the real damage, or are your troops going to be a little fancier than that?

Thoughts?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    We still haven't got any info on "leading troops into battle" :)

I guess if there're scenes where a lot of participants go somewhere or clash with hordes of enemies, it all will be done through a cut-scene.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited September 2015
    Yea I'm inclined to think it will be dialogue controlled. Talk to an officer, One unit go there, one unit move there type of thing.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Probably something like what was done in HotU or NWN2 OC.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I think a bit of this was shown during the announcement steam (can be found here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zdf1n_siege-of-dragonspear-demo-part-2_videogames). It seems like it will be done via dialogue options, where you give general directions to the officers. Then you go in with your team and help the troops out.
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    cmk24 said:

I think a bit of this was shown during the announcement steam (can be found here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zdf1n_siege-of-dragonspear-demo-part-2_videogames). It seems like it will be done via dialogue options, where you give general directions to the officers. Then you go in with your team and help the troops out.

Yeah, looks like. I definitely hope that's what it's going to be. I'd find that a lot less stressful than a strategy style system and I think it would be much more in keeping with the roleplaying spirit of the game.