Skip to content

Choose portrait at the end of character creation

_Q__Q_ Member Posts: 48
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
One thing that always bugged me in BG is how you choose your portrait at the beginning of character creation. This makes it impossible to change your portrait when you're importing a character or using a pre-generated character. I think the portrait should be selected at the end of character creation (around the same time you choose the colors for your sprite).

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Agreed. It's really easy to change your portrait time and again in game if you decide you no longer like the one you originally chose.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Although It's easier to do, I agree with the initial post!!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I agree, too. Even better to sort of have a menu where you can go back and forth from name, picture, voice, rolls, etc.
  • smartgenessmartgenes Member Posts: 1
    Agreed, it is when you are finished your character creation that you have an idea what they will look like.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405

I agree, too. Even better to sort of have a menu where you can go back and forth from name, picture, voice, rolls, etc.

Yep, it was always a bit annoying that if I wanted to change something I had to set everything else again. But I know it would be a bit tricky with the rolls, since that would change all your other stats and in case of mages for example the number of spells you can have.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It would be really good if you could jump to any step of character creation without undoing what is already done... From stats back to race then to class, finally name and appearance, for instance.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    Still, a more practical and user-friendly interface wouldn't hurt. And this could be a improvement...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It would also make sense from a UI standpoint--the Appearance screen lets you choose your colors, but you choose your "appearance" (i.e. face) on the Gender screen.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Stats screen should go before class select really - but that can't happen in second ed since class affects min values.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    My proposition is, give possibility to change portrait while still in amy step of character's creation. I will not cope with initial request here, because I think that many players will be curious about new portraits and therefore will spend some time to choose one at the beginning of character creation.

Other thing is, that having portrait at the very end means that I have to choose fiting portrait to my character's color pallete. So far I did that other way around and I prefer to do it like usual. Sorry.