Skip to content

Poe, iwd, or nwn?

2»

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited September 2015
    I like NwN:HotU, but I would probably take MotB over it anyday.

Chief complaint being that people find the spirit eater mechanic annoying, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

And of course eventually you should play all of them.

Except the NwN:OC...stay clear of that abomination.
  • kristaokkristaok Member Posts: 51
    edited September 2015
    I just picked up poe, I intend to get iwd1&2 as well, and possibly the NWNs, and planescape torment. I need to further look into temple of elemental evil. I can't help but to be interested in trying them all. :)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @kristaok - I think you made a good choice. IWD1&2 are fun. Be aware that IWD2 is only tangentially a sequel to IWD1. You create an entirely new party for IWD2 and it takes place years later. It also has a different rules set. Don't be discouraged by this as there is fun to be had there.

I'd again put in a pitch for ToEE. With the Co8 patch in place it is hands down the best 'Video game' interpretation of the rules set that exists today.

And report back to let us know how you are enjoying the game(s). It's always good to hear feedback from those new to the games.
    @the_spyder I'll let you know as soon as I start playing. I'm downloading poe, I'll have it ready later tonight. I'm on bg1 I really love if, glad I got into these games. I played a baldurs gate for Xbox I think or something, my bro had it and it was neat.
    @the_spyder I'll let you know as soon as I start playing. I'm downloading poe, I'll have it ready later tonight. I'm on bg1 I really love if, glad I got into these games. I played a baldurs gate for Xbox I think or something, my bro had it and it was neat.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

I'd again put in a pitch for ToEE. With the Co8 patch in place it is hands down the best 'Video game' interpretation of the rules set that exists today.

Another plus for ToEE is that it's only 5.99 USD at Good Old Games. You can't get lunch for six bucks these days.
    kristaokthe_spyderJuliusBorisov
    BillyYank said:

Another plus for ToEE is that it's only 5.99 USD at Good Old Games. You can't get lunch for six bucks these days.
    Ha-ha true true
    the_spyder I just got poe and I love it :)
    Tuththe_spyderJuliusBorisov
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @kristaok - glad to hear it. Hope you have hours and hours of fun with it. Report back and keep us apprised. :smile:
    Thanks, I sure will
    JuliusBorisov