Skip to content

What will the version of SOD?

BG-EE ,BG2-EE are version 1.3
Icewind Dale is 1.4

How about SOD? Version 2.0?

What's the definition of version number from developer side ?

Cloud Save Support ? New technical for weather or graphic improve?

How do you think,

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I would guess SoD itself will be v1.0, and the updates to BG and BG2 will be 1.4
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    They seem to be trying to keep the version numbers similar across different games. Didn't Icewind Dale EE launch at 1.3, and before that BG2:EE at 1.2? I'd guess SoD will be 1.4, or possibly 1.5.
    jackjack
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited September 2015
    rorikon said:

They seem to be trying to keep the version numbers similar across different games. Didn't Icewind Dale EE launch at 1.3, and before that BG2:EE at 1.2? I'd guess SoD will be 1.4, or possibly 1.5.

Developers ever claimed

But both of BG-EE, BG2-EE will receive upgraded when SOD is available , it means SOD doesn't have to follow up current version number , especially beamdog improve UI so much and pay so many effort,
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    sod is technically an expansion so it will follow the main product in that regard
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited September 2015
    My guess: 1.5. I think IWDEE 'level' is 1.4, but SoDS, AFAIU, will have a 'more advanced' engine than IWDEE. I gather that from the answer to #3 in the second post here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42239/some-mod-related-questions-about-dragonspear

Edit:

specifically this:
    "...There are more of all three [opcodes, triggers, and actions], which we will provide details..."
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I believe that no matter what patch number it is, when a game gets an expansion, and especially with a lot of additions to the engine, the game's version becomes 2.0.

For example, it happened to Pillars of Eternity when the expansion White March was released. There became a patch available for the vanilla PoE, to make it of a version 2.0. It happened to a lot of other games as well.

So, I think BGEE will have a "version 2.0" written on it when a patch that introduces SoD features to it is released.

As for the cloud saves, the latest update on it was from July, 13:

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited September 2015
    bengoshi said:

As for the cloud saves, the latest update on it was from July, 13:

I also think SOD should be around version 2.0 , base on current information all of UI had been modified and re-allocated ,

Regarding cloud saves ,
    Frankly speak , developers had worked it over 2 years at least ,
    When i pre-order BG-EE , beamdog had listed it in the feature list,

I hope they can implement it eventually ,

When you have 10 minutes in stool ,
    You can use your iPad-Pro load the PC version saves , just simply enjoy somthing special which made by Beamdog,
    JuliusBorisov