Skip to content

Are sirens immune to sleep?! Or just some of the time?? (SPOILERS???)

LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
I'm doing this strictly chaotic neutral only, no-reload-no NPC raise run with a kick ass 93 point 18-96 STR dwarven defender. My scheme to defeat sirens at an early level (and keep my face woman Safana happy) is to bombard them with sleep magic, hit them up with a detect invisibility spell, and then properly murder them. Garrick casts sleep, Neera casts sleep (hopefully), and Safana uses the wand of sleep to-you guessed it-simueltaneously cast sleep.

Here's what happened.

FOUR TIMES my dreams were interrupted (awesomely) by a sexy arsed siren, but when I try to put her to sleep she doesn't even so much as make a saving throw!! WTH? Whatever, it's just one at a time no problem.

But when I fight a group of them (and there are two such encounters) they do indeed make rolls to resist sleep spells!

In case you're wondering if it's a glitch that only has the spell work properly while said enemies are hostile, they were all hostile before casting each time.

Weird right?

Comments

• KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    I managed to sleep some yesterday they probably just have pretty good saving throws.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2015
    Sleep (the level 1 spell) shouldn't be working on them at all. Are you running any mods?
    It looks like Sirine_A.cre are incorrectly coded as being level 4. The other sirine cre files are level 5. So that is likely the reason why you have seen a sirine getting put to sleep by the spell.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    elminster said:

It looks like Sirine_A.cre are incorrectly coded as being level 4. The other sirine cre files are level 5. So that is likely the reason why you have seen a sirine getting put to sleep by the spell.

I see, so maybe some of them are level 5 monsters and some are level 4? Makes sense now!
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    I believe there are about 3 sirine packs you meet, each with 3 Sirines.
    Sil and her 2 sirines are immune.
    The other 2 packs each have 1 sirine that's immune to sleep, while 2 are susceptible.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I think the textbox display saving throws for immune ennemies too. Like they try to save and if they fail then the engine see that they are immune. I've seen that happen multiple times I think.

I think the textbox display saving throws for immune ennemies too. Like they try to save and if they fail then the engine see that they are immune. I've seen that happen multiple times I think.

hmm I have never seen that. When they are immune nothing happens. No save is even attempted let alone displayed. That's how I know they are immune.
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    Lateralus said:

I'm doing this strictly chaotic neutral only, no-reload-no NPC raise run

Ouao @Lateralus, having a wild mage in this kind of run is so dangerous...but I can still see you have a good lough if this doesn't affect your dwarven defender!!
    I hope you made it safely through those Sirines!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    What is the race of sirines in game mechanics? If they are set as fey/elven they should have %90 resistance to sleep spells, anyway.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    The real question is, is sleep immune to sirens?
    edited September 2015
    lunar said:

What is the race of sirines in game mechanics? If they are set as fey/elven they should have %90 resistance to sleep spells, anyway.

Sirines are of the Fairy race. That said the entry on Sirines in the Monstrous Compendium doesn't say that they should be 90% resistant to sleep spells. The only immunity that is mentioned relates to gas attacks.
    elminster said:

lunar said:

Sirines are of the Fairy race. That said the entry on Sirines in the Monstrous Compendium doesn't say that they should be 90% resistant to sleep spells. The only immunity that is mentioned relates to gas attacks.
    For some reason they get damage reduction from lightning, Neera used the wand on them and I was surprised to see the subtraction.
    Mirage said:

Lateralus said:

I'm doing this strictly chaotic neutral only, no-reload-no NPC raise run

Ouao @Lateralus, having a wild mage in this kind of run is so dangerous...but I can still see you have a good lough if this doesn't affect your dwarven defender!!
    I hope you made it safely through those Sirines!
    She's drained my gold a couple of time but I got a party up to level 6 before I made a fatal mistake. It was my brain fart not Neera's lol.

I think I will wave the no-rasie NPC rule next time but sticking with no-reload.