Skip to content

Who's Your Favourite Neutral NPC ?

LockLock Member Posts: 84
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
And finally (by popular request!), who's your favourite neutral NPC ?
  1. Who's Your Favourite Neutral NPC ?118 votes
    1. Branwen
        9.32%
    2. Faldorn
        2.54%
    3. Garrick
        5.08%
    4. Jaheira
      30.51%
    5. Quayle
        3.39%
    6. Safana
        8.47%
    7. Skie
        3.39%
    8. Xan
      24.58%
    9. Neutrals suck more eggs than your grandmother (now show me the results)
      12.71%

Comments

• KarrieKarrie Member Posts: 8
    In BG1, Xan, mostly because I find him absolutely hilarious.

But it was a close tie with Jaheira. I love the bond you can create with her through the games.
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2012
    In a few days we'll have to have a showdown between the top 3 of each poll.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Xan. This poll is DOOMED.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Xan. There are other neutral characters?!
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Xan for me. I like Safana and Quayle too.

I tolerate Jaheira but I can't say I'm particularly fond of her.
  • RhulqdahrRhulqdahr Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2012
    Pretty much what @Karrie said. If you keep her during the entire game and then in Shadows of Amn you decide to romance with Jaheira then you could say that the bond between her and the PC is as strong or maybe even stronger than the one between the PC and Imoen.

Xan is an ultimate pessimist and that's why he is so amusing to me.
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    Wow I kinda of like Xan, but not as a full time party member. Wow, it wasn't until this poll that I realized how poor the selection of neutral characters were.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    I like Skie because her and Eldoth are a new discovery and I like discovering new things in BG.

Branwen is a close second though just on her voice set alone.
    Safana too, she has a nice velvety voice awwwwyisssss.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    I went with Jaheira. But I guess my vote does not really count since she is the only neutral Npc I have ever used in a party.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    To be honest I'm a little surprised Branwen hasn't pulled more votes. All I hear about is ideal parties made up of this fighter, that fighter and Branwen as a healer. Sheesh!

Obviously, for my part, I chose Jaheira (anybody who has read any of my BG2 NPC related posts could've betted their house on that one! lol).
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Jaheira because she totallly rocks. Come on, how could you not fall in love with her? Plus, she's unbelievably powerful at high level, with magic to rival a wizard, and able to handle herself in a fight, to boot.

I am naming my next female cat "Jaheira". What kind of cat would be best? I guess a sandy-colored or orange tabby, to be like her beautiful auburn hair.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    This is pointless... Xan winning in this poll is not an option. Better surrender now and do not vote.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    @belgarathmth I like cats, but I like dogs, too. I always thought it would be funny to get a dachshund and name him Boo then get a huge st. bernard and name him Minsc. Whenever it was time for a walk, I could say "Minsc and Boo stand ready," and I'd be totally right.
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    edited September 2012
    Jaheira has that "bond growing over 2 1/2 games" thing, sure, but I ain't gonna cast a vote for BG1 Jaheira just because SoA fleshed her out and gave her a romance.

In BG1 Jaheira was a cranky old woman who over-dominated her husband and was pretty crappy as an NPC to boot.

Xan rocks. I don't know what finding his despondency hilarious says about me as a person, but it's enough to make me cast my vote for him. Also there's that whole Moonblade thing. And the fact that basically every good spell that's off-limits to him is readily available in near-infinite amounts of consumable items.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Safana because she's hot.
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    Safana + five males = party (pun alert)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2012
    Safana is sexy, fun to play, funny, sexy, and truly a hoot to have around.

Seriously, she's just a funny character. Very fitting to a thief personality, the way she is so mischievous. On top of that, her voice-acting is incredible, and (here's this word again) very sexy.

Quayle would come next for pure humor. His lines are just so jacked up and funny. He's so clearly just some douche who no one loves. Truly though, I adore when he dies "OH DEAR!!" like who screams oh dear when they die? Plus the delivery is just perfect. Hahaha!

Xan is very enjoyable too, both from a character standpoint and his unique gameplay. :)
    Awong124 said:

Safana because she's hot.

I actually laughed out loud. I remember you said in the Evil thread "Viconia because she's hot." Well played sir, maybe I should go check out the Good thread now? hahaha! EDIT: Ahah, Kivan, though not because he's hot. Well sir we have similar tastes in NPCs, I must say!
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I hate all the neutral NPCs except Safana who's hot. I just didn't vote for her because I'm torn between her 17 dexterity and Imoen having 18.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Xan is the best! The rest of the choices are sooo hollow.
  • pablo200783pablo200783 Member Posts: 96
    Branwen is good not great but like her.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Branwen is just better than Jaheira, plus you can get her as a single PC, early on, and she kicks ass.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Skie. Because when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping ...
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600

Skie. Because when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping ...

Hahahaha

"Let's go shopping!"
    *chunks Ogre Mage*
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    edited September 2012
    @LadyRhian It is hopeless. We delude ourselves to think this pitiable poll will stand up to this forum.

Branwen is my second choice.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @g314 We strive in Vain...
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    I guess Xan is the funniest. Man looking at this list I realize how horribly they all truly do suck... They're so... uncommitted to anything! The fact that Jaheira is a neutral really makes no sense imo since she pretty much acts like a good aligned character - She just has to be cuz of the druid part.