Skip to content

Can Beamdog update the Beamblog more often???

I seriously want to know more about Dragonspear and I'm growing impatient for this expansion! I'm too excited for it to come out! I want the blog to be updated more often so I can be kept up to date!
wojtekHuskarl2006

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I want the game to be as awesome as it could be. Even if the price is not getting a Beamblog update. Let the guys (and girls) test the game more, instead of writing about it.
    cmk24
  • tokarev748tokarev748 Member Posts: 27
    I'm reading Volo's guide to Sword Coast in order to grab some feeling like the first time reading the vanilla game's manuel.
    Maybe some digest for SOD would be fun.
    JuliusBorisovYamcha
  • Huskarl2006Huskarl2006 Member Posts: 21
    One blog post will take how much on ones time? 20-30 min max! Some lite info or a screenshot with one sentence is not time consuming or stressful. They just dont want to di it. I think they should.
    PK2748ghettohoodie
  • ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
    @Huskarl2006 That's what I'm saying, it shouldn't really be that demanding to just do a little update to keep the fans informed on a game that everyone is excited for!
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

One blog post will take how much on ones time? 20-30 min max! Some lite info or a screenshot with one sentence is not time consuming or stressful. They just dont want to di it. I think they should.

Sure, it might be quick to write a blog post once screenshots and other such news has been approved for release. But that approval process for the information takes much longer (I.e. many meetings with many people to make sure the blog writer is not breaking NDA).
    JuliusBorisov
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Blog posts don't have to be about the upcoming expansion though. Might as well use Beamblog to post random things instead of tweeting them on Twitter. Not a single pudding likes Twitter anyway. :tongue:
    Yamchaghettohoodie
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited October 2015
    seriously @bengoshi you don't have to defend all the beamdog actions even related to their blog, some part of forum critics is well justified, well organized company shouldn't have such a problems with communication stuff
    Huskarl2006shawne
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    wojtek said:

seriously @bengoshi you don't have to defend all the beamdog actions even related to their blog, some part of forum critics is well justified, well organized company shouldn't have such a problems with communication stuff

The thing is, Beamdog isn't Double Fine or Obsidian, they're not in a place where they can ask us to trust them based on past successes. We did that, and we got BG2:EE (which, by their own admission, was in poor condition at launch, that was part of the whole mea culpa during the SoD presentation).

If they're not going to do anything different, if they're still going to fall back on the same excuses they used last time, why on earth should anyone take them at their word that SoD isn't going to be another failure? Why should we go on faith that Trent Oster won't be at PAX next year saying "Yeah, we made some mistakes with SoD, but we learned some valuable lessons and IWD2EE will be totally different!"?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Because there was still Atari and its demands, even in regards to BG2EE. Remember, it was released after a juridical hell between Beamdog and Atari.

The latest release by Beamdog was not BG2EE, it was IWDEE. And if it showed anything, it is that they can release a quality product right off.

I doubt very much that SoD will be released in the same state as BG2EE was. Simply because they will spend as much time on it as they possibly need.

Also, I wouldn't call BG2EE a "failure". It was released with bugs, yes, but it wasn't a failure. Especially after they fixed the most bugs with the patch.
    lolienDragonspearcmk24
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    For me personally it wasn't the BG2:EE release itself that was bad, but the fact that they moved onto another project within a nanosecond of release so we had to wait a full year for basically ANY fixes. I don't expect a perfect release, but some indication I might be able to play it properly in the near future without jumping through hoops would have been nice.

I agree that the IWD:EE release was fine though.
    lolien
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited October 2015
    i think the release of dragonspear will be much better, now is more than 3 months since the announcement, first news about the game, when they start working on come from 2014 for sure if not end of 2013, it must be good they working on it really long, worries a little just unprofessional public relations service from the beamdog

ice wind dale release was fine, but they didn't change much there in compare with bgee and bgee2
    Post edited by wojtek on