Skip to content

Throwing Axe +2 best ranged weapon?!

2»

Comments

• ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited September 2015
    Does it not make sense to you from a logic standpoint or a coding standpoint? Because if we're just talking about how things should be i'd say it isn't shocking that a weapon that you throw at your opponents is considered ranged.

Now if we're talking how you can do things within the considerable boundaries of the IE, the thing is:
    What makes certain items usable, be it by attacking someone, casting a spell or what have you, is an "extended header". Items which have no extended header have also no attack type (eg. Melee or Projectile).

That means if you can change (at will) how the item attack, it must have several extended headers. That's what you see when you right click on your throwing axe or, say, on a wand of fire. When you swap the extended headers of your axe, you not only change its range and damage type but also its attack type from Melee to Projectile. Which I believe is why your axe then gain your dex bonus to thac0.
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Chnapy said:

That's what you see when you right click on your throwing axe or, say, on a wand of fire. When you swap the extended headers of your axe, you not only change its range and damage type but also its attack type from Melee to Projectile. Which I believe is why your axe then gain your dex bonus to thac0.

Now, that makes sense :)