Skip to content

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy BG:EE and BG2:EE on my iPhone?

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Sooooooo
I have BG:EE, BG2:EE, and IWD:EE on my PC and love them to death. I bought IWD:EE on my iPhone and it's super great! So with that done I'm thinking of picking up BG:EE and BG2:EE. Are there any issues I should know about before picking them up? Also, how does one go about transferring your character from BG:EE to BG2:EE? Does it have a thing built in for that or do I need to use an outside program?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The only two issues I can think of, if you can even call them that, are the following points;

- All three games will be installed on your intern phone memory, not your SD card. So make sure you have enough free space for them. Personally, I don't, and thus have to stick with only IWD:EE on my tablet. Still have all titles on PC so it's not that bad.

- Installing mods on mobile devices is much more challenging than on a PC. You'd have to work around more than just a handful of limitations here. I'm not familiar with Apple products on this, but if it's anything similar to Android then it's a tricky undertaking.

Saves and character files have to be manually transferred from the mobile device to a PC. And vice versa. No outside program to my knowledge will do this for you.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Can't mod. I can't tell you how much I want the NPC project for BG1, or one of the NPC mods for IWD. Can't do it...at least without jailbreaking the phone.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

- Installing mods on mobile devices is much more challenging than on a PC. You'd have to work around more than just a handful of limitations here. I'm not familiar with Apple products on this, but if it's anything similar to Android then it's a tricky undertaking.

It's even worse. On Android you have access to the filesystem without hacks or apps. On IPhone you don't, so there's extra hoops to jump through.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    As far as I can tell, you cannot carry a character from BG1 to BG2 via iPhone. I couldn't figure it out anyways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    You could instead, patron a friendly neighborhood artist :smile:

You already have the games on PC, share the wealth!

OK, I'll leave now :frowning:
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Well, fortunately I don't plan on modding BG:EE or BG2:EE. I like keeping those games vanilla.

Also Fortunately, IWD:EE is my go-to game for playing a modded IE game it looks like I now have a way to mod it! Thanks!
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Well, got both of them! Had to remove IWD:EE to make room, though.
    Now to decide on what charname to run with.
    /goes to make a poll about what charname to run through the game with.