Skip to content

[LINUX] [STEAM] I cannot multiclass Imoen because beginning-spells of 1st degree doesnt show up

DarkEnchanterDarkEnchanter Member Posts: 23
edited September 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Hello !

I cannot multiclass Imoen as a mage because beginning-spells of 1st degree doesn't show up, so no spells are selectable Imoen shall begin with, and the multiclassing is not finishable.

I will experiment now if it helps when i edit the save-file via EEKeeper oder NearInfinity, if i would be able to give Imoen the first level as mage via the editors then it should work normally.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    No issue on my end. Can you give more details on your operating system; Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, etc.?
  • DarkEnchanterDarkEnchanter Member Posts: 23
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

You have no issue ???

Every things else works well in my game so ...
    For testing, I'm running Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) with GNOME 3.14.1. So it's probably not that. When I try to level up Imoen, it starts with Level 1 and two available spells to pick. That is, if I try to level up from around level 5 thief.

Can you zip and attach a saved game here on the forum using the Attach a file link below the comment box? You can find the save games in:
    ~/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save/
    edited September 2015
    I have tried it with a brand new game now.

Suddenly i cannot reproduce the bug, the bug has disappeared for some reasons now.

I can perfectly turn Imoen into a mage at every thief-level she has.

I dont now why the bug has disappeared now.

Perhaps the first time the game was corrupted for some reason.

The only special in my first game was, that i kicked out Imoen out of the party for a long time, and in second try i dont.

I wanna thank you for your help !
    edited September 2015
    P.S -->

I have already deleted the save-file, so i cannot post anything, sorry
    I'll leave the topic open for now. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. If you can reproduce the issue by removing Imoen in the meantime, then do please post a reply. :-)
    Ok, if i ever can reproduce the bug then i will post it and i will keep the save-file as well to post it also.