Skip to content

Halfling Bard

Evening all

I'm planning on starting a new BG2 run as a Blade. I have played BG and BG2 many times over the years but never as a blade/bard so planning on giving it a go. I have also never played as a halfling so I would like to be one on this run. I have come up with a good back story etc for the character as I know that its not an accepted class/race combo although i believe the idea of halfling bards isn't a new.

Is there a mod or other quick way to do this? I have EEKeeper so can use that but I'm not sure how much will need changing. I am using BG2EE.

Thanks

Comments

• iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    There is a mod that removes racial restrictions from classes but I cannot remember where it is still it is possible with eekeeper. You can either start as a halfling in one of their legal classes and change class in eekeeper or you could start as a human or halfelf bard and change your race and paperdoll in eekeeper.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    BG2 tweaks has a component for removing racial restrictions from single classes.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I'd say, start as a halfling vanilla class, then switch to bard(blade) in EEkeeper and set your level to 0, and level up again in game. Then Blade kit bonuses from level 1 should be added as you level up.

Or you do it the other way around, creating a blade then switch race in EEkeeper, but then you have to manually change the saving throws for being halfling manually in EEkeeper (meaning you have create a halfling template or just calculate the correct saving throws).

Personally I prefer the first option, it's less work.