Skip to content

Rassad Quest - Ampitheatre Guard instant KO?

AvlanAvlan Member Posts: 21
*spoiler I guess?*

My party:
Jaheria
Minsc
My Cleric/Illusionist
Jan Jansen
Rasaad

This happened during the amphitheatre part of the Rasaad Quest when I started to attack the monks near the end(as I have done nearly every time in the past). Minsc was attacking the lone guard near the entrance(the one that you speak with to enter) when he was instantly killed. He was at full life with 99 hp, was hit for 5 damage then he was instantly killed. I don't ever remember the guard ever doing that in the past and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, whether the guard has some sort of death touch ability or this is some sort of bug.

I went to get a screenshot of it then try to replicate it a few more times with no success. Apparently I must have hit scroll lock instead of print screen so no screenshot is available.

Small Edit: Minsc was equipped w/ Lilacor, plate mail +1, nymph cloak, elves bane, Pearly White Ioun Stone, Ring of Earth Control(I just remembered, jaheira had the ring of regeneration equipped at the time) and ring of human influence(Because why not have Minsc be the spokesman of the group?). He did not have any buff spells on him other than what the equipment provided for him.
Post edited by Avlan on

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Maybe the Monk used Quivering Palm?

This is a Monk "one/day" ability that has a chance to cause instant death.
  • AvlanAvlan Member Posts: 21
    abacus said:

Maybe the Monk used Quivering Palm?

This is a Monk "one/day" ability that has a chance to cause instant death.

This could be the reason. I know the monks beyond the guard are either Sun Soul or Dark Moon, but I can't recall the guard ever using the fire shield or mirror image abilities to reveal he is either of them.

Looks like the case is solved, thanks!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Don't forget, Jaheira's or your own cleric's 4th level spell "Death Ward", can protect your character from such death.
  • AvlanAvlan Member Posts: 21
    bengoshi said:

Don't forget, Jaheira's or your own cleric's 4th level spell "Death Ward", can protect your character from such death.

Good to know for future reference. After doing the quest nearly 20 times, this is the first time it has happened to any of my characters. Every little bit helps when it comes time for Legacy of Bhaal no-reload runs when the expansion hits.