Skip to content

Starting out anew for Dragonspear

So I just made a elf dragon disciple and been aiming to start a new with some line ups of characters I never used before. Any ideas? Since Im a sorc myself I guess it fills up that spot. Last timed I finished the game I had the evil party. Usually I go with the "cannon" line up or mix in Viconia but what can I mix it up with to make it effective and fun with a new party and not the same old?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    If you're planning for a SoD run with that party, I advice on taking those NPCs who definitely will be in SoD:

Imoen
    Jaheira
    Khalid
    Dynaheir
    Minsc
    Safana
    Viconia
    Edwin
    Dorn
    Neera
    Baeloth
    Rasaad

You can mix them as you wish.

As strange as it sounds, for a SoD run a "canon" good party may be one of the best choices. But if you're tired from them, add other NPCs.
  • GelmartyGelmarty Member Posts: 61
    bengoshi said:

If you're planning for a SoD run with that party, I advice on taking those NPCs who definitely will be in SoD:

Imoen
    Jaheira
    Khalid
    Dynaheir
    Minsc
    Safana
    Viconia
    Edwin
    Dorn
    Neera
    Baeloth
    Rasaad

You can mix them as you wish.

As strange as it sounds, for a SoD run a "canon" good party may be one of the best choices. But if you're tired from them, add other NPCs.

Looks like pretty boring characters and I used most of them beside Rasaad, Neera and Safana and the first two is...lack luster. No offense to Beamdog! Atleast from what I seen. Safana? FOund in Baldurs Gate right? And Baeloth is a bit random when he comes?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Safana can be found at one of the Sword Coast areas, at a map with sirens and a cave with the CON tome. not in the Baldur's Gate city. Thus she's available at the start of the game.

The Baeloth's appearing in Larswood, near the tower, is not random. Your main character should be of the Level 5 or higher in at least one class.

If you find those characters "boring", you can always install the BG1 NPC mod, to make them a lot more interesting and lively.
    bengoshi said:

Safana can be found at one of the Sword Coast areas, at a map with sirens and a cave with the CON tome. not in the Baldur's Gate city. Thus she's available at the start of the game.

The Baeloth's appearing in Larswood, near the tower, is not random. Your main character should be of the Level 5 or higher in at least one class.

If you find those characters "boring", you can always install the BG1 NPC mod, to make them a lot more interesting and lively.

Ah cool, thanks!
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I certainly hope that characters ambiguous destinies some resolution. I'm planning on playing a thieves guild to include:

Imoen
    Skie
    Shar Teel

Possibly:

Alora

Because I think those need resolution
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Gelmarty said:

So I just made a elf dragon disciple and been aiming to start a new with some line ups of characters I never used before. Any ideas? Since Im a sorc myself I guess it fills up that spot. Last timed I finished the game I had the evil party. Usually I go with the "cannon" line up or mix in Viconia but what can I mix it up with to make it effective and fun with a new party and not the same old?

How about this:

Charname: Elf dragon disciple
    Koran: Elven ranger
    Coran: Elven fighter/thief
    Jaheira: Half-elf fighter/druid
    Khalid: Half-elf fighter
    Xan: Elven enchanter

So you have the half elves on the front lines to tank. Then the elves behind them, unleashing a steady stream of arrows. Xan's job is to just be an enchanter. Take over enemies and make them fight for you. Your job is to make things explode. With fire.

The party has everything, and its all elven (well, mostly elven...).

Grum said:

Gelmarty said:

How about this:

Charname: Elf dragon disciple
    Koran: Elven ranger
    Coran: Elven fighter/thief
    Jaheira: Half-elf fighter/druid
    Khalid: Half-elf fighter
    Xan: Elven enchanter

So you have the half elves on the front lines to tank. Then the elves behind them, unleashing a steady stream of arrows. Xan's job is to just be an enchanter. Take over enemies and make them fight for you. Your job is to make things explode. With fire.

The party has everything, and its all elven (well, mostly elven...).

Thats...a pretty cool lineup. I think I go for it. It is a bit soft I say but it probably work!

Might be problems with thief skills! But I go for the mines and then head off to get Kivan, I presume you mean Kivan!
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Aren't we quite far from a Dragonspear launch?
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Of course not, it's happening "soon" obviously
    Well! I rather get going so I can play at a slow phase when I have time and mood for BG1 :)