Skip to content

Should Turn Undead Make Paladins Flee?

Whenever I play my Cleric or use Anomen to use Turn UnDead to watch the vampires chunk into pieces an odd side effect is that any paladin nearby, (usually Keldorn) is sent into a panic and flees like morale has just broke. Is this an intended feature of turn undead? Either way I'd like to try and remove that if at all possible. Side note, the panic function also seems to bypass any fear negating effect such as items,bard songs, or spells...

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Same problem. It is humorous at first and then it gets downright annoying.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I know that in PnP, evil clerics can turn paladins. But Anomen isn't an evil cleric, and I thought BG2 never implemented the effect anyway.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I can't resist:

Keldorn's running away because Anomen is using the holy symbol he has tattooed on his CENSORED.

"Scuse me while I whip this out!"
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its a known issue.
  • jankmasterjankmaster Member Posts: 41
    elminster said:

Its a known issue.

But is there a way to fix it?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well what happened back in the old vanilla days when ToB came out, there give the added effect that turn undead could turn paladins, ( although I don't know why that added that in because so rarely did you ever fight paladins to even make use of that ability, but implemented none the less) but i'm assuming the intention was to not have it affect your team mates, I don't recall if in the vanilla ToB if you could turn your team mate paladins, but this for sure is definitely a bug, and another thing, if clerics can turn paladins than paladins should be able to turn clerics, there are a lot more clerics in the game and that could actually make the turn undead feature a bit more useful ( I rarely if ever use the turn undead feature)
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    IIRC: It should only be evil clerics that are capable of turning paladins