Skip to content

Spoiler-free subforum?

JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
edited September 2012 in Site Resources
Most if not all of us here have played through the entire series years ago, but hopefully a lot of people who buy BG:EE will be new. And the spoilers...they're everywhere, spanning all the games from BG1 to ToB. Almost no one is using spoiler tags, and the habit isn't likely to develop on its own.

In less than two weeks, not only will there be new players but new spoilers in the form of additional content. So for all our sakes, can we have a spoiler-free subforum?

Edited for clarity.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I imagine that close to release the forum will have a couple of new subforums.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Well, Ill try from now on, but Idk, Id feel ridiculous if the rest of the forum doesn't use spoiler tags.
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    I assume there'll be some sort of 'hints and tips' forum for newbies to look in - at the very least, a new thread should have '[Spoilers]' added in the title as a warning...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It's quite hard to talk about a 14 years old game without spoilers...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @mlnevese I know, that's why I suggested a specific forum for that. Everywhere else, you can assume people have played the game.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    This would be a great idea. I've specifically told people who haven't played the game to STAY AWAY from these forums.

Plus, I'd love to lurk and watch as people experience the game for the first time.

...Which apparently makes me a voyeur.

......I'm trying not to think about that too much. ;)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Jalily I actually think that could work... maybe a hints and tips forum or a spoiler free forum as you suggest.

Everything posted on the other sub-forums would be considered as potentially spoiler rich.

The only new things that can be spoiled in this release are the adventures of the new NPCs, actually.