Skip to content

Up to par before release

I know this may have been asked already, and the post is prolly buried. But, as SoD is on the horizon and will most likely be released with all the enhancements, fixes and improvements that has been added to all of the EE series since BG:EE was originally released. Will BG:EE be updated to at least 1.4 standards prior to or at the same time as release? I want to do another run through with a new character so the story is fresh when I get SoD, and have been spoiled by all the improvements to IWD:EE 1.4

Sorry for the repost if this topic has been hammered into the ground already.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello, @Mythrinn !

We still don't know when SoD will be released but we've been told that the patch for BGEE would be released before the SoD release. How much time will go between the release of that patch and the SoD release, we don't know.

There's even a possibility of getting 2 patches for BGEE - one prior to the SoD release (so that people could try and taste new features, the shaman class for example) and another one with the SoD release - to fix problems (if there're any) and to make a connection between BGEE and SoD as products.
  • MythrinnMythrinn Member Posts: 42
    bengoshi said:

Hello, @Mythrinn !

We still don't know when SoD will be released but we've been told that the patch for BGEE would be released before the SoD release. How much time will go between the release of that patch and the SoD release, we don't know.

There's even a possibility of getting 2 patches for BGEE - one prior to the SoD release (so that people could try and taste new features, the shaman class for example) and another one with the SoD release - to fix problems (if there're any) and to make a connection between BGEE and SoD as products.

Thanks @bengoshi, I greatly appreciate the input. That is exactly what I hoping for. I will hold off a bit longer on my next play through and hope the patch is released soon.