Skip to content

Baldur's Gate cake

Several days ago I had my 27th birthday. Nothing unusal about the day itself, I never really celebrated my birthday and especially namesday (it's on Christmas, so no one would notice anyway). On several occasions I would gather some of my friends to sit and have fun and most of the time I would buy the present for myself, since I know what I like etc. I don't like huge celebrations and partying in general.

This time however my girlfriend decided that if I don't want to celebrate my birthday, she'll take care of it. She invited some of our friends and ordered a huge cake for me, but not some ordinary cake with 27 candles, or something. No, she ordered a cake with a front cover of Baldur's Gate (Polish version), which looks like this:

And the cake itself:

She and my friends know how much I love this game and I was speechless. That's the best brithday cake I could wish for. I was hesistant to cut it, but it tasted as good as it looked. I still have some of it left, it was that huge.

You must eat the cake before venturing forth.
KamigoroshiJuliusBorisovGemHoundBGLoverdunbarBillyYankAnduinSethDavisBelgarathMTHNimranGrumNonnahswriterDJKajuruSkatanFlashburnelminster

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Proceed with caution!
    It's common adventurer knowledge that cakes are lies. Many sweet tooths were lost due to treacherous cake mimics hiding amongst dessert leftovers.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Lucky, lucky, lucky you!

Also, you, sir, now are officially a subject to the rule number 858 of the "You know you're playing too much Baldur's Gate when" thing.

Also, happy Baldursgatingirthday!
    TuthNonnahswriter
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    @bengoshi Thank you and well, now it's official - I'm playing too much Baldur's Gate. I always thought that I could stop at any moment. That's the most important step to realise that I truly have a problem with addi...

hmmm that would be an interesting character - playing a constantly drunk adventurer, or being addicted to some kind of potion: "I remember the day when I tasted the potion of Heroism. This has truly opened my eyes to the outside world!"
    JuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    That cake is brilliant, hats off to your better half! Presumably, being a Baldur's Gate cake it's either a fruitcake or full of nuts.
    JuliusBorisovTuth
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    I'm the Wrota Baldura