Skip to content

Watchers Keep Level 1 Guardian dialogue won't trigger

I've played through this portion of the game several times before, but this time through nothing happens when I place the candle and bell on the altar. This means I'm unable to activate the portal down to the next level.

Any ideas? This is on the most recent iPad version.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    You need to put the book on the alter too IIRC.
  • rbrittonrbritton Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2015
    Tresset said:

You need to put the book on the alter too IIRC.

The book starts out on the altar, so unfortunately, that's not it. Everything on level 1 is fully completed, including reading the robe on the inside of the coffin for the book's passage.

Incidentally, right after exiting level 1 back to the top of the keep Jaheira's romance started up at about the midpoint despite being in a romance with Neera. I had already reached the point where I had to make a choice between the two.
    The only way I ended up being able to work around this was to create a new ToB game (I had just finished SoA anyway) and import my character. Unfortunately, this meant I lost the majority of my items, all of my gold, and all of my romance progress.

If anyone else encounters this in the future, that's all I can suggest, particularly on the iPad where it's impossible to adjust variables through the console. All items other than bags of holding and similar will import into a new game, so fill your inventory with your must-haves. Incidentally, I now have two of several of the ToB starter items, including the Helm of Baludran and Flail of the Ages.
    If you use iFunbox you can send a save to a computer and upload it to the forums so someone (like me maybe) can fix it for you.
    Tresset said:

If you use iFunbox you can send a save to a computer and upload it to the forums so someone (like me maybe) can fix it for you.

Thanks for the offer, but as of iOS 9, the loophole iFunbox and others were using to access the iOS file system was closed. It no longer works without jailbreaking the device.
    Is that so? Well... That sucks beyond words...