Skip to content

Recording or streaming BG:EE - win 10, no sound.

Hello, on start i want to say:
Im know i have win 10, and thats version of windows happens that problem, but maybe someone know the way for fix it. My problem is simply, BG:EE and BG2:EE works fine on win 10, no one problem with it. But i want to record or streaming it and when trying by use:
Fraps or OBS (OBS for streaming), the program doesnt record sound from game, just silence and i can hear only myself ^ ^. I can add also two things:
- Trying run as administrator and run with compatibility mode with Win 7 or XP, but also dont work
- i see another problem, the BG:EE/BG2:EE not showing in mix stereo (those bars in windows volume settings, there is no BG application)

There is some fix for this ? ;/

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I have always had this problem whenever I attempted to record the game but I have never had the know how to fix it...
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    There's also an issue recording the game with FRAPS (and probably any recording software), where the mouse cursor in the game will show up just fine while playing, but in the recording it'll look broken up with lines through it. Hopefully these recording/capture issues are solved in the next patch. From what I understand the mouse cursor issue was not a problem before the 1.3 patch, as early recordings of let's plays and stuff before the 1.3 patch didn't have the mouse cursor show up with issues.

So in essence, it's possible the contents of the 1.3 patch are what's causing issues with recording the game.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @thelovebat for the mouse cursor thing you could try toggling the "Hardware Mouse Cursor" option to see if that does anything...

As for any recording or capture issues, with any game, I would be more apt to blame the recording software than the game itself. They typically don't make games with screencapture in mind, to my knowledge. I seriously doubt that a patch will ever address any purported issues in this area.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    Tresset said:

@thelovebat for the mouse cursor thing you could try toggling the "Hardware Mouse Cursor" option to see if that does anything...

As for any recording or capture issues, with any game, I would be more apt to blame the recording software than the game itself. They typically don't make games with screencapture in mind, to my knowledge. I seriously doubt that a patch will ever address any purported issues in this area.

I doubt it's the fault of FRAPS cus FRAPS hasn't had an official update in quite a while, and those I've seen record let's plays using FRAPS before the Enhanced Edition's 1.3 patch had the mouse cursor show up fine in recording. Someone's mouse cursor in the middle of their let's play series even encountered this issue where the first few videos were fine then they must have downloaded the 1.3 patch and the cursor started looking all messed up in the recording.