Skip to content

Which NPC offers the best banters with Anomen?

I heard he likes Keldorn a lot, but I would prefer someone who constantly picks on him, or makes fun of him or something like that.

Which NPC offers the most and which the funniest banters?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Jan Jansen taking the mickey out of Anomen is hilarious.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited November 2015
    His learning-to-be-less-of-a-jerk banters are mainly with Keldorn, which is why he's best paired with Keldorn if you want to watch him grow and learn some humility.

But if you just want to see someone continually rip the p**s out of Anomen, then undoubtedly you'll want to take Jan with him. (Jan's anecdote about "Ano the Dung Orc" is particularly hilarious.)

[Edit: spelling.]
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Yeah, Jan's annoyance works also on the player character.

I've had my share of his nonsense
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    Among mod NPCs, I think both Kelsey and Sarah don't think too highly of him.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I do believe to remember that Edwin rips on him constantly if you have his romance mod installed.
  • IsabellaGrangerIsabellaGranger Member Posts: 52
    Jan Jensen picks on him somewhat often, though I can only remember the ''Lobotomized Orc'' story, and a comment he made when Anomen encountered the one who was his governess, and she said something amongst the lines of ''Oh my, aren't you the son of Cor Delryn? I remember when I used to change your diapers! But, if you haven't changed a bit!'' and Jan goes something like ''Yeah, he hasn't changed a bit. He still burps after each food, throws his fists in the table when huffed, but at least he feeds himself. A good lad.'' Anomen feels pissed after this comment, though Korgan and Yoshimo say pretty much the same in this dialogue xD After that, I can't remember any other time in which Jan made fun of Anomen in public, even if I'm having the both of them in my current party xD
    Korgan picks on Anomen more than Jan, I think. He calls him a hypocrite, and they quarrel quite a bit, but they never get into an actual fight.
    Keldorn, as mentioned above, tries to guide him, but he does not exactly like that, at least not until he becomes a knight, when he apologizes and maintains a cordial relationship with him.
    I didn't know he had some interesting ''fight for justice!'' exchanges with Minsc once he passes his test, but I used to make him fall, given that I've always thought killing Saerk was the best way to resolve his quest.
    Not all members of the party have a bad relationship with him, and he doesn't fight with everyone, in fact, he has some *interesting* dialogues with Viconia, and even more with Neera. You get the picture of what kind of *interesting*, given that those dialogues don't happen if he's romancing the female prot... Though both Neera and Viconia turn him down, the first one making fun of him, and the second revealing she was merely using him as a bait to get the male protagonist's attention, if she's romancing him. Well, Viccy being Viccy...
    Hm... I guess Anomen doesn't have that much friends xD He had an interesting dialogue with Imoen if he falls, in which they badmouth the knights of the order for being so petty and hypocritical, and Imoen tells him he's not as bad as she thought he'd be. The dialogue obviously doesn't have the same outcome if he passed his test and before she says anything about them, he shuts her mouth :tongue:
    I can't think of another interesting banters... He does have some exchanges with Yoshimo, Jaheira, Mazzy, Cernd... But they aren't that interesting, sadly :/
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Looks like I'm set for my Dragonspear mega-run, at least for the 2nd part:

Imoen/Yoshimo
    Viconia
    Anomen
    Keldorn
    Neera