Skip to content

Advice please - dualling to Thief during Bodhi's tasks

Something I've never tried, but I'm hoping that one of you can advise me on what happens, because it might be relevant for an Evil run I have in mind.

It's well-known that Bodhi won't let you side with her if you're any sort of Thief, but what happens if you're not a Thief when you side with her, but then dual into Thief while still working for her? It'd be a game-breaker if she rejected your allegiance after you'd already made enemies of the Shadow Thieves, because there'd be no-one left to get you into Chapter 4. So does she just ignore the change of class, or are there some consequences?
semiticgoddess

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im going to assume she will ignore the class change, pretty much any instant that would cause something to not happen only happens at the first instance ( like Bodhi saying no to you if you are a thief) but if you can by pass that, then i'm very highly going to doubt she will reject you afterwards, worse case scenario, have a back up save before you do the dual class and try it out, worse case scenario if it fails, you can always go back to your back up save
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well yes, that's my guess too, but I was hoping someone here might actually have checked it out and know for sure.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovGallowglass
    Aha! That makes it pretty definite that the class-check is once-only. Thanks, @typo_tilly! You're a :star:
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddess
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    Bodhi doesn't seem to mind unless you are a single class thief. I remember specifically that she had no problem with me after dualing from a thief. Thief multi-classes should be fine as well. While I don't recall the specific moment, I'm pretty sure I've stumbled into her meeting unintentionally as either a thief/cleric or thief/mage multi-class, and she found me acceptable.

You should be fine.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    sluckers said:

I remember specifically that she had no problem with me after dualing from a thief.

Would be interesting to know whether at that point you had regained your thief class, and whether the game even checks for that.
    Gallowglass
    edited November 2015
    The inactive class is not counted. I dualed to a mage and then joined her. I also tested dualing from fighter to thief with the fighter class inactive; I was rejected.

It would seem a dualed thief with inactive starting class is considered by the game to be single class.

Also just tested with a multiclass cleric/thief. There were no issues. I had also regained my thief levels when I 'for real' signed up with Bodhi as a dualed thief-mage in that long-ago playthrough.

So as long as there is only one check--when you sign up with bodhi--dualing to a thief afterward shouldn't be a problem. Given that once you 'take a side' in the guild war you are pretty much locked onto one course without alternative, I'd think any obstacle to doing so would be pretty merciless on the part of the developers.

But who knows. I probably should have signed up as that fighter and dualed to a thief afterward just to see, but I didn't think of it, sadly. The auto-save has since been overwritten.
    semiticgoddess[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2015
    Oh! That's pretty interesting, @sluckers, and suggests something which I hadn't expected ... it sounds as though Bodhi's criterion is that she accepts anyone with any active non-Thief class, rather than that she rejects anyone with any active Thief class. The latter is what I had thought was the case, but my own (limited) experience of playing Evil hasn't included any example which would distinguish these cases, and your experience is compatible only with the former rather than the latter.
    Post edited by Gallowglass on
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    Could it also be tied to the Stronghold quests? Since, if you're playing a thief, it's pretty much assumed you'll be taking the thief stronghold, which requires you to become an active member of the Shadow Thieves guild. Likely it may also be that they put this rejection in there in order to prevent you from being on both sides of the guild war.
    [Deleted User]

Oh! That's pretty interesting, @sluckers, and suggests something which I hadn't expected ... it sounds as though Bodhi's criterion is she that accepts anyone with any active non-Thief class, rather than that she rejects anyone with any active Thief class. The latter is what I had thought was the case, but my own (limited) experience of playing Evil hasn't included any example which would distinguish these cases, and your experience is compatible only with the former rather than the latter.

Well, you know what they say. "Honour among thieves." and "Thick as thieves." and all that jazz.