Skip to content

To The UnderDark!

When thinking about the new content for bg, i think beamdog forgot a major world.

some of us fans rly like the underdark, "the dark elf" series.
The drow world, and the forces that fight within.
i wish they would have focus their resources their, such huge potential. :\

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I think the underdark section is very well done in bg2. We have a big drow city with a nice infiltration quest that lets you see the world from 'their side'. Ust natha is brimming with flavour and lore. There is the mind flayer city and you can get captured and be used as a slave, and break through and escape:the ultimate underdark experience! There are also kup toas to kill and, if you dare, beholder caverns to loot! Top it off with a small svirfneblin village and its quests. Wow, they really did everything and gave every critter in the dark elf series, especially the first three Drizzt homeland books, a role in the game. You can even find some myconids here and there!

All in all I think the underdark section is exceptional in bg2, and adding more of the same may feel a bit stale.
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    the chapter in the UD is not small, but ultra focus on the drow world can b nice.
    Also - and more simple, add the drow race into the game. :)
    Imagine a game that u can choose side - the drow or the elfs.
    on the drow side, u invade the upper world ( or rebel urs), or in the other side, u invade and protect ur world vs the drow invasion.

idk. sounds cool
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,979
    I still hate how you can fucking massacre the drow, but not the god damn elves!
    ^ we all like drows :D
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    you want to get Neverwinter nights and then the expansion called Hordes of the Underdark. entire chapter 2 is Underdark fest with every type of the usual suspects in there.
    Yeah, sure i played it.

but> NWN is not bg :)
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    edited December 2015
    Shando said:

^ we all like drows :D

I don't. I've seen too many drizzle wannabes in my gming years.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015

I still hate how you can fucking massacre the drow, but not the god damn elves!

To be fair, there is the choice of allowing the elves to fend for themselves while you pursue Irenicus, which makes them suffer considerable losses. You can choose not to "save" Suldanessallar before taking down Irenicus, though the lack of visible results is disappointing if doing an evil playthrough.

Maybe if that room in which Ellesime hails you the victor was a bit sparser with attendants...

It does irk me as well that making the deal with the demon in Ust Natha is about the most badass moment in the whole game for an evil character; that pinnacle comes way too early is is far too short. Not until you ascend to godhood as the new Lordess/Lord of Murder do you again make the world tremble so.

As for the Underdark; it's also my favourite part of BG2, but I'm glad it's not longer.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,979
    @sluckers
    When was that choice presented? I literally got...

Go there

Get items

Go kill someone.....

I had to fight my way through no matter what. While in Ust Natha, was pretty much freaking genocide central.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015
    There is a back way up behind the temple, along the right side of the map. I can't remember actually opening the front gate from the outside; I always seem to open it from inside the temple grounds. It's been a while since I was there but I don't remember any locks on the temple doors or any blockages up the catwalk.

The choice is not explicit, but when you converse with Elhan after first entering the Elf city you can choose to fight with the elves or 'find another way', thus leaving the elves to be slaughtered/suffer a pyrrhic victory against Irenicus' allies.

The reaction I remember having when I first got there before my first completion of the game, was that the 'other' choice was hardly difficult. The path is very clear on the minimap, which was a bit of a let down. I think you can skip the entire city and just go for Irenicus, right after entering.

But like I said, the lack of results is disappointing. There is no vengeance for fallen drow, I guess.