Skip to content

Druid Or Cleric?

ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
Hey,

A little question here :]

i love to use C/F or C/M
and i dont use druids (like never i think).

Should i use them? are they useful? ;x
iam not into Summoing, and they look like meh.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Summoning is a big part of the druid, if you dislike that, you'll most likely get stuck with healing spells and a insect plague or two. It gets more interesting if you pick an Avenger, as he gets a few pretty awesome mage spells and is more damage oriented.
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    ty.

Also iam having bit RP with the effect iam used to evil parties.

i mean - does the durid "waste of good spot" ?

on the high lvls - summoning become pretty.. useless so ;x
  • marcellusmarcellus Member Posts: 22
    Kinda hard to argue with Jaheira's relevance in the late game. You could roll a fighter/druid just to make sure you kick butt throughout. Healing, buffs, Iron Skin, insect spells for interrupting, pretty awesome HLAs, good weapon options throughout the trilogy. If you never summon once, you'll get your money's worth for the character. They're fun, too. You give up the strength boosting buffs from a F/C, though.
    I hate jaheira ;x

everyone loves her, not me. :X
  • YelocessejYelocessej Member Posts: 182
    I've always viewed Druids as an alternative to Mages. Some folks really hate the Arcane spell system, even in pen & paper, and the Druid offers a much more "offensive" version of Divine magic. Cernd is actually a lot of fun if you aren't powergaming.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    There's been a nice starting post recently about the way someone who isn't used to druids may start loving them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/3ve08j/do_people_actually_think_druids_or_druid/
    Maybe new kit can b great.
    Expand the druid idea, idk.

i know some ppl rly like them, and they do get their share of the plot in both games.
    The harpers also important part of the realms (could do more in bg2 i think...)

edited December 2015
    The Avenger kit is one of the best kits in the game. It's fun, unique, and brings a lot of new things to the table. It's one of the few kits in the game that were well done.
    is the shapeshifting strong?
    Shando said:

is the shapeshifting strong?

The shapeshifting of the Avenger? Yes it has some useful forms.

The shapeshifter kit? Yes, it's strong, but it starts to become redundant once you reach ToB.
    Iam sorry, iam less into druids :)

what the main idea of the avenger kit?
    Shando said:

Iam sorry, iam less into druids :)

what the main idea of the avenger kit?

The Avenger get a few powerful mage spells, most of them are offensive spells. So the Avenger is a druid that has more offensive magic, and is more spell caster oriented.

If you take a druid and add 15% mage, you get the Avenger.
    ouh. all the cons seems like... :\
    edited December 2015
    Shando said:

ouh. all the cons seems like... :\

The cons aren't that bad. As a druid you don't need a high STR, and 16 in CON gives you the max HP that you can get. There is no difference between 16 in CON and 18 in CON for a druid. Only being able to use leather isn't a major weakness, as you have barkskin and other ways to improve your AC. You get three additional shapeshift forms, that are much stronger than the original 3 that the druid gets.

But the best part is that you get 6 arcane spells.

Level 1 - Chromatic Orb
    Level 2 - Web
    Level 3 - Lightning Bolt
    Level 4 - Improved Invisibility
    Level 5 - Chaos
    Level 6 - Chain Lightning

All of these spells are GREAT spells, and all of them are useful. They also cure the druid of a major flaw that they have, many of the levels (1,2,4, etc) of spells they have, they end up not being able to memorize anything useful. With the added mage spells, they can pick some very good spells to fill in the slots that would normally go to something less useful. You also get a lot of spell slots as a druid, more so than the mage gets, so being able to throw 3-4 chain lightning at an enemy group is golden.

ohh. i might try it!

hm druird party :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    i think its even harder there.