Skip to content

N.P.C. Roles for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (Detailed Table)

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
Created For Non-Player Character Expansion Evaluation.
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on

Comments

• WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited December 2015
    It Seems That Neutral Parties Could Use More Warriors...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    You might also count Kivan and Minsc as "support Rogues" since they have Stealth. Also Rasaad, since he can do both Stealth and Find Traps (although not Disarm).
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I think you mean "roles" not "rolls". I expected this thread to be about ability scores.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Osprey?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    meagloth said:

Osprey?

If i remember right, he is one of the characters in the training party in Candlekeep. Same with Mordaine, etc.
    BillyYank said:

I think you mean "roles" not "rolls". I expected this thread to be about ability scores.

I think that I fixed the title now yes?

You might also count Kivan and Minsc as "support Rogues" since they have Stealth. Also Rasaad, since he can do both Stealth and Find Traps (although not Disarm).

Yes, although for me a rogue is not a rogue if it cannot steal items.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Well, yes, I see your point.

On the other hand, you've categorised Kivan and Minsc as "support Priests" even though they get no further (in BG1) than a level 1 spell at the end of the game, so they're only Priests in a very feeble way, and you've even categorised Ajantis as a "support Priest" even though he never quite gets to a level to have any spells in BG1. I reckon having quite good Stealth gives Kivan and Minsc more Rogue-like ability than their feeble Priest-like ability.

But sure, it's a matter of personal interpretation, and it's your table.

Well, yes, I see your point.

On the other hand, you've categorised Kivan and Minsc as "support Priests" even though they get no further (in BG1) than a level 1 spell at the end of the game, so they're only Priests in a very feeble way, and you've even categorised Ajantis as a "support Priest" even though he never quite gets to a level to have any spells in BG1. I reckon having quite good Stealth gives Kivan and Minsc more Rogue-like ability than their feeble Priest-like ability.

But sure, it's a matter of personal interpretation, and it's your table.
    Yeah, stealth users almost made it into being a support rogue but then I thought about invisibility spells, knock and the like so I based it on stealing items innately. Also I found that the priest role to be if they can heal others or not. Rasaad can only self heal without the use of rare mostly non-existent priest scrolls and then only a few times in the entire game so I based it upon innate abilities at level cap.
    BillyYank said:

I hope that you like the "rolls" to "roles" update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .