Skip to content

Damage calculation seems odd comparing 2 Chars. Can anyone explain? (pics inside)

FerozbanFerozban Member Posts: 31
Hi,
i have made 2 characters to compare them. One is a multiclassed Fighter/Mage, the other one is Kensai(13)/Mage
and given them alle the endgame equipment to compare them with each other.

Both carry axe of the unyielding and crome faer. The multiclassed also carries the gauntlets of extraordenary specialization.
All items they carry and skills they have seem to be allready factored in.

Now i noticed that by calculation the Kensai/Mage would do 3 damage more then the multiclassed Fighter/Mage
(see pictures below)
BUT in the actuall damage box it says the Kensai/Mage would do 5 damage more.

Here the kensai/mage:

Here the fighter/mage multi:

Can anyone explain why that is the case?

best regards
Feroz

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    The gauntlets' bonus is displayed twice, both as "Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization: +2" and as "Ability Bonuses: +2," but it's only counted once.
  • FerozbanFerozban Member Posts: 31
    Ahh i see.
    I didn't notice that. Thanks
    So the display is a little bit buggy unfortinuately.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    The Kensai has +4 damage from level 3+6+9+12 and GM grants 3 more damage than specialization for a total of +7 damage, but the F/M wears the gauntlets which reduce the difference by 2 points.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Gotural has it. The gauntlets, kits, and prodiency points are all different between the two characters, hence the discrepancy.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Out of curiosity what is the THAC0 difference?
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    It should be 3 points lower for the F/M.

Kensai has -4 THAC0 from level 3+6+9+12, GM grants 2 more THAC0 than specialization (3 compared to 1) but the F/M has 8 more Fighter levels and the gauntlets.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @Gotural @semticgod: I'm pretty sure the OP already knew that. The discrepancy in question was that you get 23 and 20 when adding up the K->M and F/M's respective listed bonuses, but then the totals given differ by 5. It's because the gauntlets' bonus is double-listed.
  • FerozbanFerozban Member Posts: 31
    exactly Joluv got it