Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Will New UI Allow More Versatility in Kit Modding?

Insert_BooInsert_Boo Member Posts: 12
edited September 2012 in General Modding
@camdawg In reference to a old SHS post on Engine Limitation you did, you said

"Interface buttons are hardcoded - The buttons available to a character (turn undead, stealth, bard song, spellcasting, etc) are set by their class, not their kit. So if you wanted a paladin with a bard song, you can't do it--the bard song button is not available to paladins and there is no way to add it. On the flipside, though, disabling buttons are generally pretty easy--a cleric that can't turn undead or a ranger with no stealth are both pretty easy.
"

Do you (or any knowledgeable folks) foresee that to continue being the case with BGEE? Or will the new UI open things up a bit? Thanks!

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,338
    By all accounts it should open things up in the sense that you can assign any capability to any class/kit/character without having to alter/include their base class.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,680
    I doubt it, i asked a time ago if the Team BG would develop an friendly user interface for modders, if i remember well the answer was no. But i really hope to be mistake or wrong here.

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,394

"Interface buttons are hardcoded - The buttons available to a character (turn undead, stealth, bard song, spellcasting, etc) are set by their class, not their kit. So if you wanted a paladin with a bard song, you can't do it--the bard song button is not available to paladins and there is no way to add it. On the flipside, though, disabling buttons are generally pretty easy--a cleric that can't turn undead or a ranger with no stealth are both pretty easy.

I haven't looked too closely, but I don't believe this has been softcoded yet. A lot of the requests like this have been put on the backburner as we address bugs leading up to the release.
    kamuizin said:

I doubt it, i asked a time ago if the Team BG would develop an friendly user interface for modders, if i remember well the answer was no. But i really hope to be mistake or wrong here.

TeamBG didn't have access to the source.

• Insert_BooInsert_Boo Member Posts: 12
    Ah well, thanks for you guys response. Maybe later on this might change.