Skip to content

What next?

JullosJullos Member Posts: 24
So, I just finished BG 1 and 2 for the 100th time or something like that lol and I think I'm ready for something new. unfortunatly, I did not keep up with the rest of the D&D pc gaming... So what I'm asking you is what should I play after BG2? Icewind Dale? Neverwinter night? something else? I need your wisdom!
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    If you have Steam, Sword Coast Legends is free to play for the next 2 days. The reviews aren't very encouraging, though. I'll be checking it out myself.
    JullosJuliusBorisov
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Jullos said:

So, I just finished BG 1 and 2 for the 100th time or something like that lol and I think I'm ready for something new. unfortunatly, I did not keep up with the rest of the D&D pc gaming... So what I'm asking you is what should I play after BG2? Icewind Dale? Neverwinter night? something else? I need your wisdom!

Icewind Dale 2 is totally worthy in my opinion... Try a run
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I really enjoyed Neverwinter Nights 2 + Mask of the Betrayer and Pillars of Eternity.
    Some people here recommend Neverwinter Nights 1 + Hordes of the Underdark, but I personally didn't much enjoy it, but I am rather certain it's a taste thing.

Other than that there is of course Planescape: Toment and Knights of the old Republic but I must say that both games didn't age particularly well, so suit yourself (I myself have never finished either >.>).

Then there is the modern stuff, Dragon Age and Mass Effect, but I am gonna assume you heard of them by now :P ME didn't speak to me because of the setting, but DA was a blast.

I suggest you watch some reviews or beginnings of Let's Plays and see which ever looks the most interesting to you.
    JullosVallmyrJuliusBorisov
  • JullosJullos Member Posts: 24

I really enjoyed Neverwinter Nights 2 + Mask of the Betrayer and Pillars of Eternity.
    Some people here recommend Neverwinter Nights 1 + Hordes of the Underdark, but I personally didn't much enjoy it, but I am rather certain it's a taste thing.

Other than that there is of course Planescape: Toment and Knights of the old Republic but I must say that both games didn't age particularly well, so suit yourself (I myself have never finished either >.>).

Then there is the modern stuff, Dragon Age and Mass Effect, but I am gonna assume you heard of them by now :P ME didn't speak to me because of the setting, but DA was a blast.

I suggest you watch some reviews or beginnings of Let's Plays and see which ever looks the most interesting to you.

Yeah I played DA and Mass Effect plenty lol on the ps3 though. I'll try all of your suggestions during Xmas break! thank you!
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

If you haven't before, I HIGHLY recommend modding your BG games. There's tons of stuff to do with it, and it sure has kept me going for a decade.

Mods, not words!