Skip to content

ToB: Can't get past conversation with Gorion (*spoiler*)

RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
Hello, it has been years since I played ToB so I don't know much about it. I'm currently playing a Solo Sorcerer level 28 and I keep dying from when he strikes me between the dialogues about who I've become and so forth. I tried many things but I can't get past it. Help please. :)

Btw, this is in the beginning of the Forest / Temple of Mir
Post edited by RobertMcDuck on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Is your problem that you're getting killed by the Wraith Master and other enemies he brings?

As you're a sorcerer, we need to see what spells you chose for your sorcerer, to be able to help.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I must say that's the first time someone dies before the actual fight here...
    Mmmh try protection spells, stoneskin, protection from fire etc...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2015
    The dialogue kills you? What is you max hp? Too little to endure the cutscene?
    Or do you play on insane difficulty? The extra damage may be the killer.

Cast mirror image/stoneskin/fire&lightning protection before the dialogue, you may not take any damage if you are prepared.
    Or cast a vampiric touch on a summon to boost your hp.
    Or gulp a potion of fortitude, use the constitution belt, gulp potions of fire resistance, read green scrolls of protection from fire, etc. Equip fire and electrical resistance gear (robe+ring+boots of grounding)
    Reduce the difficulty to easy, then change it back to core or insane when the battle starts.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I haven't been there for a while, but IIRC, the Master Wraith impersonating Gorion hits you with a Flame Strike ... so a Minor Globe of Invulnerability should be all you need to block it.

But as @bengoshi says, it's difficult to advise when we don't know what spells your Sorcerer has available.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2015

I haven't been there for a while, but IIRC, the Master Wraith impersonating Gorion hits you with a Flame Strike ... so a Minor Globe of Invulnerability should be all you need to block it.

But as @bengoshi says, it's difficult to advise when we don't know what spells your Sorcerer has available.

Flame strike can not be blocked by globes of invulnerability, as it hits as a lvl5 spell.
    I am not sure if the wraith does flame strike, I recall lightning, earthquake (which hits the party as well) and implosion. (Which does fire and crushing dmg)
    Spell trap/turning/deflection may absorb some of those spells, though.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Potions/scrolls might help too.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    lunar said:

Flame strike can not be blocked by globes of invulnerability, as it hits as a lvl5 spell.

Arghh, my bad, I was very tired when I wrote that and mis-remembered the spell levels.
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    Thanks ya'all, I should have thought of those things myself, haha! I'm gonna go for another attempt next time I play. Thank you :)