Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

BG2, changing language on Android.

Richi90Richi90 Member Posts: 11
Hello.

Can someone tell me how can I change language (subtitles alone would be enough) on android version of BG2? I can easly access BG2 files through winrar, I tried replacing dialog.tlk in the archive but as you all probably know, it doesn't work. BG2 doesn't start with modified .obb. I tried to look for answer but found nothing besides some hints of using hex editor. Could someone please explain to me how can I make it work?

Comments

• Richi90Richi90 Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2015
    Just one more thing.

I found a thread in french where apperently someone managed to do it.

http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/lacouronne/bg2-ee/27825-textes-et-voix-en-francais-partiels-alternative.html#post402782

Basically all you need to do it download the archive from that thread and put it in (don't unzip it) android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition

I tried it and it.... works o0. How is it even possible? It seems like a normal .zip with dialog and dialogf.tlk. After putting it in said folder, I have additional lang to choose from in Options ---> language menu. This is some wicked wizardry right there.

Well unfortunately that doesn't help me either. I have no idea how he managed to do it (tried to make my own archive with polish files but obviously it doesn't work).

I figured out that the .zip archive is uncompressed and tried doing it this way. I just made my own .zip with dialog and dialogf.tlk and replicate it exactly like the archive from linked thread. I have no idea how that's possible but BG2 does in fact recognize it and in language menu I have another entry "Polski" (Polish). Unfortunately it still doesn't work, after I change language to polish and restart the game, BG2 crashes.

• Richi90Richi90 Member Posts: 11
    Ok guys, I figured it out. Needed to run my zip through centralfix. Works like a charm now :).