Skip to content

BG2, changing language on Android.

Richi90Richi90 Member Posts: 11
Hello.

Can someone tell me how can I change language (subtitles alone would be enough) on android version of BG2? I can easly access BG2 files through winrar, I tried replacing dialog.tlk in the archive but as you all probably know, it doesn't work. BG2 doesn't start with modified .obb. I tried to look for answer but found nothing besides some hints of using hex editor. Could someone please explain to me how can I make it work?

Comments

• Richi90Richi90 Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2015
    Just one more thing.

I found a thread in french where apperently someone managed to do it.

http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/lacouronne/bg2-ee/27825-textes-et-voix-en-francais-partiels-alternative.html#post402782

Basically all you need to do it download the archive from that thread and put it in (don't unzip it) android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition

I tried it and it.... works o0. How is it even possible? It seems like a normal .zip with dialog and dialogf.tlk. After putting it in said folder, I have additional lang to choose from in Options ---> language menu. This is some wicked wizardry right there.

Well unfortunately that doesn't help me either. I have no idea how he managed to do it (tried to make my own archive with polish files but obviously it doesn't work).

I figured out that the .zip archive is uncompressed and tried doing it this way. I just made my own .zip with dialog and dialogf.tlk and replicate it exactly like the archive from linked thread. I have no idea how that's possible but BG2 does in fact recognize it and in language menu I have another entry "Polski" (Polish). Unfortunately it still doesn't work, after I change language to polish and restart the game, BG2 crashes.
  • Richi90Richi90 Member Posts: 11
    Ok guys, I figured it out. Needed to run my zip through centralfix. Works like a charm now :).