Skip to content

Thoughts on party balance

2»

Comments

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Don't get me wrong, avoiding the blue is not a cure-all - but it does mitigate a few of the risks. Turning a stoneskin into a petrification is generally a bad idea, where turning a Magic Missile or a Sleep spell into a petrification is mostly another way to achieve the same effect. If my surge produces an area effect like a fireball on the target, I would prefer that to be centered on the opposition, not me. etc. There are many more effects where the target makes no difference, but for those that do, I generally want to be sure that the original target was not a friendly.
  • JeymzJeymz Member Posts: 11
    I base my team on the best gear within the game plus molding it with standard team like fighter/archer/thief/mage/cleric/tank

BG1

Charname (kensai) - Varscona and The Burning Earth (fighter)
    Dorn - World's Edge (leader)
    Kagain - Battle axe of mauletar and shield of the falling stars (fighter)
    Kivan - Twinkle and Icingdeath (fighter)
    Coran - Composite long bow (archer)
    Quayle - stupifier and pellan's shield (mage/cleric)
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @Jeymz Looks a bit tricky for managing traps and locks?
  • JeymzJeymz Member Posts: 11
    @GreenWarlock coran is good enough to do those things.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I have a custom team. All multiclasses: Fighter/Thief (main character), Fighter/Cleric, Fighter/Mage and Fighter/Druid.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    @Raduziel Any reason in particular for that funny combination?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Alonso I like to kill things.

Now seriously: it was a party I took part in an RPG a long time ago. We survived in Ravenloft for a very long time (actually we manage to escape the Mists), so I think we were doing something right.

Everyone can go toe-to-toe and have a nice performance as a part of a team.