Skip to content

The 18th is a big day. What are you most excited about?

Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
  1. The 18th is a big day. What are you most excited about?143 votes
    1. Playing Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition
      74.83%
    2. Beginning to wait for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
      25.17%

Comments

• Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 379
    I think that by the time I actually finish BG:EE or played it to all ends the next game will be out.
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    BG2 was my fav game for many many years. I can only imagine how much more I would like it with the tweaks and improvements made to it.
  • XensXens Member Posts: 12

BG2 was my fav game for many many years. I can only imagine how much more I would like it with the tweaks and improvements made to it.

Same here dude, I wonder what kind of tweaks would be made to it, definitely a lot more work involved I think. With BG1 its a bit simpler since you can just add all the kits and features of BG2. But improving on the greatest RPG of all time might be a bit tougher :)
  • Xens said:

Same here dude, I wonder what kind of tweaks would be made to it, definitely a lot more work involved I think. With BG1 its a bit simpler since you can just add all the kits and features of BG2. But improving on the greatest RPG of all time might be a bit tougher :)

You just said it, they are adding the kits and features of bg2

THATS how they are improving the greatest RPG of all time ;)

(Not trying to start a flame war, just poking a little fun :) )
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    BGII:EE can wait. There's something about playing lower-level characters that I've always enjoyed. Maybe it's more of a challenge.

I'm also looking forward to the new content--I've played BG so many times that I'm sure it'll feel like a new game.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Nah, I totally get that. In most RPGs, I tend to have a -lot- more fun at lower levels. Part of that has to do with the challenge; another part is the resources. Hell, in Skyrim, for example, I mod the level scaling so that I can play for 100+ hours without breaking level 15.

Infinity Engine games are really the only ones I can think of where high-level combat is equally as fun as low-level combat. Maybe that's because I (always) roll a magic-user, and those high-level spells are AWESOME.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Although I like BG2 more than BG1 I want to fully experience the EE version first (Ill do 2 or 3 runs) and all its DLCs.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284

Although I like BG2 more than BG1 I want to fully experience the EE version first (Ill do 2 or 3 runs) and all its DLCs.

Same.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Probably not fair but I can't play until Friday, most likeley :(
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    I want BG:EE and i want it now.
  • rosestormrosestorm Member Posts: 23
    Just over a week to wait now, this is going to be fun.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    rosestorm said:

Just over a week to wait now, this is going to be fun.

You have an odd sense of fun. Me waiting=torture.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Lul. BG1 is better P:
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    edited September 2012
    My impression of this poll:

Would you rather:
    Play one of the greatest games of all time, enhanced?
    OR
    Speculate about the sequel for several months?

Tough choice.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    I'm not excited about waiting at all... I think BG2 is the better game of the two, but I'd rather play.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I'm never excited to wait, as it is I'll probably have to beat bgee AT LEAST two or three times (unless I find a way to distract myself) while waiting for bg2ee.
    I didn't want to get too much into any of the old games while waiting for this one, just because I want to be able to reexperience them in full epicness at release, (and as impossible as it is, I don't want to risk getting tired of the game before it even releases) and so I've just been driving myself INSANE waiting.
    so, to answer your question I look forward to playing, and I don't look forward to waiting AT ALL.
    But I suppose you have to take the good with the bad.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Playing Baldur's Gate. I don't think it is possible to enhance BG2 enough that I will actually look forward to playing it again.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Beginning to wait for an Divine Remix update for BG:EE.

No way I'm playing without the slimy Oozemaster kit.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    I jest I jest ... maybe

I'll play it, no doubt about that, but not properly anyway
    I want to wait until I hear word back on what mods weren't included and which mods are available to install on top. That may take a while though, good job Borderlands 2 is out soon as well, eh!
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited September 2012
    Well, i will look forward for turning the game resolution that high that it matches my TV's 1920 x 1080 and hopefully then playing the game without the needs of some additional eye glasses :D
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited September 2012
    Since i'm still finishing my 1st run of skyrim, have yet to start playing fo:nv special edition(played the original, never played any dlc's) as well as witcher2 and a few other games, by the time i finish BG:EE ,BG2:EE will be long out already.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Going to get all the tomes and XP I can get, and then import to BG2:EE without any hassle to continue the adventure stronger than ever!
  • skyline818skyline818 Member Posts: 11
    While I did really, really like BG, BGII is my all-time favorite game across all genres and platforms. I cannot wait to play it in all its high resolution greatness. If they add additional content (which it sounds like has already been confirmed) I am eager to see how it will enrich the game. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with BG to notice the tweaks and fixes, but I will definitely notice them (most of them) in BGII. For me, the countdown to BGII began when they announced BG:EE back in March with their intention to release BGII.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    Waiting to get the game still since i'm buying from the App store. -___________________-
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    edited September 2012
    I pre-ordered last month...but the wait, as difficult as it is, is only half as bad as the fact that it is released on a Tuesday. It's significant because on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have half a day's worth of classes on my college campus (I have to get up early to get ready as my campus is pretty far), meaning that on the 18th I'm going to have to spend all day waiting to get home, and my professors are extremely strict on attendance policy.

That day is going to be utter hell to get through. ;_; Thank god I don't have a test on any of those days.
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    You left out an option for continuing to wait for BG3. :)