Skip to content

[Classes\Kits Request] Alter druid shape changing

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
(Reddit request by riklaunim)

Bear isn't useful, it's a dead feature. So I would propose that any shape changing druid to have a new rules for that. Starting let say from level 1 druid may change to weak animals that improve with his levels. Plain wolf at start, later a dire wolf, then snow wolf. The same for bear etc. + some bonuses at TOB levels.
Maybe not to make every druid super-animal-fighter but at least usable or interesting to use during the game. The forms may have some extras (like the ranged weapon of a snow wolf) but not best at doing a lot of damage (until TOB?)
Post edited by Anton on
tena[Deleted User]Aedan

Comments

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Comments from Reddit:

[–]HeroicSpur 4 points 2 months ago
    Shapechanging definately needs to be improved, I agree. Part of the problem though is that creature type often lags behind character level/power. What would be better I think is if the same forms get better each level rather than getting more and more new types. That could be done too however.
    pacekScooter
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    BG2 Tweak pack has a component named "Shapeshifter rebalancing" that brings shapeshifting closer to P&P, thus making it significantly stronger than it is in the vanilla game. I would like to see it implemented in BG:EE.
    ElectricMonkAedan[Deleted User]
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Bump :)
    Any chanche to see this implemented? I think that it would make the Shape Change ability more useful.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited February 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

Making Shape Change ability closer to PnP would be good.

Indeed. I remember that I used it a lot while playing Icewind Dale II. It was very useful. The Baldur's Gate version really needs to be enhanced. I think it is a simple matter of will - there are no contract limitations here, unless I am wrong.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Aedan said:

Indeed. I remember that I used it a lot while playing Icewind Dale II. It was very useful. The Baldur's Gate version really needs to be enhanced. I think it is a simple matter of will - there are no contract limitations here, unless I am wrong.

IWD2 was significantly better than BG2 for Druids and Bards.

The Druid spell additions made the game more interesting, too.
    Aedan