Skip to content

The Shannara Chronicles

1235»

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited March 2016
    ronaldo said:

Unless I missed them there weren't any Dwarves at all in the show. I kept waiting for them to show up. I also would have liked more background about the Gnomes. Also what are the 4 lands that they kept referring to?

I don't think they have the budget to turn normal-size humans into dwarves, or hire Peter Dinklage, Deep Roy and Warwick Davis. Possibly a reason for passing on book 1.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    Thanks @mashedtaters for the background info!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited March 2016
    I just watched the finale. Up through episode 8, this series was losing me, because frankly, it was beginning to bore me half to death, and all the "character development", what little there was, felt very flat to me.

But, I must say I enjoyed the finale very much. I read the books 30 years ago, and so, I remember next to nothing about them. I remember that I liked the characters enough that I rolled a druid named Allanon, and a half-elf cleric-mage named Wil Ohmsford, for my tabletop D&D group.

Not having the (memory of) the books to compare against the series and complain about, though, I was drawn into all the action and combat in the finale. I found it a decent payoff for my having stuck it out through the season.

I do not have cable TV, so I had to pay $20 to watch this on Amazon. I'm still interested enough to want to watch the next season, but I'm not at all sure I'll be willing to pay $20 again. I may wait until it comes out as part of Netflix (streaming or discs), Hulu, or Amazon Prime free-to-watch.