Skip to content

Can someone please give me some tips as to how to kill Shandalar?

2»

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    As was mentioned above, use the Wand of Paralysis, multiple times if possible. I have had this work for me regularly in the time window post-quest but before Dimension Door completes (my mods are SCS, BG Tweaks, Rogue Rebalancing, Song & Silence items).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016
    Amberion said:

Shandalar doesn't appear in his house at any time.

Considering his real home is reportedly a halruaan skyship this is a pretty disappointing fact. :)
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    IDK if this will help but the Ring of Power went a long way towards my murdering of Scar, who is immune to just about everything. It does 2d6/charge of some kind of energy that can't be saved again and seems to bypass all immunizes. I think it can be recharged so make sure it's ully charged first by bringing the charges down to 1, selling it and then repurchasing it. GL
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Why would you murder Scar? What did he do? :)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    PLOT TWIST: You're the jerk brother!
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    elminster said:

Why would you murder Scar? What did he do? :)

He was all like, "Excuse me I was wondering if I could hire you to crawl around in the sewer..." or something like that. I mean, he practically wore a "Kill Me" sign around his neck! The nerve of that guy! hehehe
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Aerakar said:

As was mentioned above, use the Wand of Paralysis, multiple times if possible. I have had this work for me regularly in the time window post-quest but before Dimension Door completes (my mods are SCS, BG Tweaks, Rogue Rebalancing, Song & Silence items).

I just killed him (wand of paralysis, backstabs, poison, magic missile), but only before giving him the cloak. What I wrote above I USED to do in previous game versions by getting lucky with the wand of paralysis, so something must have changed or perhaps SCS changes him where he is unkillable after quest completion.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Amberion said:

Shandalar doesn't appear in his house at any time.

I see. I mistook Oberan for Shandalar.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Killed him again. Same routine: poison backstab (Tiax with the Cyric kit from Divine Remix) someone to tank his spells (my Wizard Slayer), Secret Word and tons of magic missiles.

Easiest 26K xp ever.