Skip to content

More than one CHARNAME?

EquiptoEquipto Member Posts: 6
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Quick, maybe stupid question here guys.

For both BG1 and BG2 I would always have at least 2 custom made player characters in my party, if not the entire party made of custom chars. Just wondering if this will still be an option in EE. Don't get me wrong I love the NPC's and still pick them up for some role playing reasons, its just how I like to play. Thanks :)

For the sake of making some decent discussion out of this thread, how many of you also like to play this way, and what classes do you like to do? When I played all the way through the beginning of BG1 to the end of ToB, I had two CHARNAMEs, a human berserker and a female assassin that were brother and sister bhaalspawn.

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm pretty sure you'd be able to do the same using multiplayer again.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Personally I never use custom made NPCs, I like the personalities of the regular ones too much. But like Awong124 says, it's afaik been confirmed already that you can create a full party of custom made characters if you wish.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    This is a fundamental feature of the game. I'd be shocked if they removed it.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I've tried playing with more than one CHARNAME but it doesn't work for me. I only seem to be able to invest in one character at a time and I miss the NPC interactions.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    The old and crooked multiplayer system worked for me and my siblings.

Only the host and his first slot character is the Bhaalspawn, the rest of us are treated as regular custom PCs. If I remember correctly, I didn't gain any special innate powers throughout the multiplayer sessions.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

I've tried playing with more than one CHARNAME but it doesn't work for me. I only seem to be able to invest in one character at a time and I miss the NPC interactions.

I played through BG1 once with a husband and wife PC team of druid and bard, with the rest of the party filled out by 4 NPCs, and it was a blast.