Skip to content

About to finish the game. What I can and should take with me to export to BG:EE2?

I've never actually given any thought about this matter, aside from taking those fabulous pantaloons.
Please, mates, suggest what items could that be.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Aside from the pantaloons you can bring 3 other items with you.

Choice 1 (only 1):
    Leather armor +2: Protector of the Second
    Plate Mail +1
    Chain Mail +2: Mail of the Dead
    Chain Mail +3

Choice 2 (only 1):
    The Burning Earth +1 (long sword)
    Ashideena +2 (war hammer)
    Bala's Axe, Wizard Slayer (battle axe)
    Suryris's Blade +2 (halberd)
    Grave Binder +2 (dagger)
    Staff Spear +2 (quarterstaff)
    Staff Mace +2 (quarterstaff)
    Arla's Dragonbane +3 (sling)
    Krotan's Skullcrusher +2 (mace)
    Kiel's Morning Star +3 (morning star)

Choice 3 (only 1):
    Helm of Balduran
    Claw of Kazgaroth
    Horn of Kazgaroth
    Koveras's Ring of Protection
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    @Tresset TYVM. No beloved zweihanders though. What a bummer.
  • TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
    Helm of Balduran seems a poor choice because I think we can get this early in Irenicus' Dungeon. Are we going to have duplicate items again? I just made another post in SoD that I am slightly annoyed to have found copies of Fallorain Plate and Sling of Unerring Accuracy. From their description, they feel unique to me. Why didn't Beamdog let us choose the Cloak instead?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Fairly sure Helm of Balduran is the default choice for choice three. It also tops the list meaning if you have multiple items of choice 3 then Helm of Balduran is picked. Which is why you always seem to get it in Chateau Irenicus.

Try dumping it first whilst holding the Claw. I think in this case the Helm would be replaced by the Claw.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459

No beloved zweihanders though. What a bummer.

The Cambion you can free/fight in that dungeon now holds the two-handed Sword of Chaos +2 which the genie used to give you.
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    @Twenty @decado Wow! That right there is a HUGE tip. I am very grateful to you guys, 'cause helm is what I'd take into BG2. But since it is already there, no point in doing that I guess. Another point is that you can give second helm to smb. in your party... Hmmm...

About those Kazgaroth thingies, I've never bothered to even buy them, let alote thinkng of taking them with me into BG2. Are those items any good at all?

@Kilivitz Thanks for the tip. I can stop worry now.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited January 2016
    Twenty said:

Helm of Balduran seems a poor choice because I think we can get this early in Irenicus' Dungeon. Are we going to have duplicate items again? I just made another post in SoD that I am slightly annoyed to have found copies of Fallorain Plate and Sling of Unerring Accuracy. From their description, they feel unique to me. Why didn't Beamdog let us choose the Cloak instead?

I think that the Helm of Balduran is there because it's the default.
    The other items would replace the Helm in the dungeon if you exported a character without helm but with one of the other.
    So having in the last save on bg and not have is the same, you will not get 2 of them.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I find the helm of balduran to be so useful my character takes it all the way to the end of ToB