Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Edwin Invisible

RallyXRallyX Member Posts: 5
edited January 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Hi all,

I am new to the forums, but not Baldur's Gate.

As stated, I'm having an issue with Edwin. He was (what I assume to be) invisible before I was ever able to make contact with him. I've not been able to talk to him, so he's just sitting in the cellar. I believe he is here because I can see him load as I jump into the area, but he fades away immediately.

I have searched online with no answer other than I'm screwed. I have tried Detect Invisibility and Invisibility Purge with no results.

I'd really like to recruit him into my party, but I find myself at a loss.

Is there a trick to making initial contact with him?

Any advice is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Well, if you haven't spoken to him yet it is possible to use the CreateCreature cheat to bring up a new Edwin to the scene. I think the options are "EDWIN9" , "EDWIN11" and "EDWIN13".

• RallyXRallyX Member Posts: 5
    I'm playing on my phone (I probably should have mentioned that). Is it possible to do that on my mobile version?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    In which cellar @RallyX - he should be in the Docks district, in the top floor of the Guildhall. Or if rejected as part of that quest he should be on the staircase in the Copper Coronet.
    Sorry @Gate70, I meant the top floor of the guild hall in the Docks. I thought I recalled it being designated as the cellar by other NPC's in the building.

He is exactly where I believe he should be, but I cannot initiate contact. He appears briefly when I enter the room, but disappears soon after. Detect Evil doesn't locate him and neither Detect Invisibility or Invisibility Purge make him accessible.

I'm quite bummed because I wanted him as a companion, but I'm running short on methods for that to happen.

Thanks!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    If your phone is Android you should be able to attach a save. If iPhone, not an option.

The reason he briefly appears is that he's in the area and activated/deactivated as relevant. He should appear once you've done Mae'Var's first quest and been told to seek him out, and if he doesn't it's likely there has been some sort of glitch.
    hook71RallyX
    Aha! I think you've nailed it. I don't believe I ever turned in the quest to activate him (now that you mention it). I will go back and make sure to complete that quest. If that works, I will reply back. Thanks!
    You were correct, @Gate70. I had not completed the proper quest. I was mostly thrown by his spawning and then disappearing. Thanks so much!
    hook71Gate70
This discussion has been closed.