Skip to content

Keep BGEE as vanilla as possible

2»

Comments

• gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Fallout 3 was the the biggest pile of crap with a godly rating I've ever seen.
    Now back to topic. The point of BG:EE is to have an overhauled Baldur's Gate experience, with some additional content. Basically asking for BG:EE to stay as vanilla as possible is like asking for the same game being released by a different publisher.
    Sure there are loads of ridiculous requests, but its the developer's choice what to implement and what not. If you are not happy with the product skip it. Baldur's Gate is a blast even without enhancing it, and there are tons of mods to customize your game.
    And to be honest I haven't seen a perfect game yet. Every game has an incredible amount of possible improvements. Baldur's Gate 1 lacking any reason to play an evil character and !playing! evil comes to mind.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Well, for a $10 ipad download, I don't think they can go wrong. ;)
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100

I disagree that BGEE would be best with only minimal changes. What is the point of BGEE if there are not new exciting things to play with? I'm happy for Trent&Co to include a "revert to vanilla" option, but I don't really see the point as long as EE retains its BGitude. In the worst case scenario there is always pure vanilla to go back to and I'm sure that someone will create a mod that makes BGEE into merely an updated vanilla game. .
    Yes. What's the point of getting the Enhanced Edition if there is no real new stuff or improvement to be excited and curious about. If one wants to play the vanilla BG, one can just install the original game and some tweaks mods for modern hardware support and be done with it.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited June 2012
    They already said that there is new stuff (we know about areas, Npcs, sounds etc.) and do you think 18 first class developers and artists just sit in their office and do nothing? I forget to mention Quests!
  • SaberstormSaberstorm Member Posts: 60
    No no pls not vanilla. improve and expand are the magic words here :P
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    No no pls not vanilla. improve and expand are the magic words here :P
    *cough* ENHANCE *cough*
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100

*cough* ENHANCE *cough*
    Well BGEE could have also be the acronym for Baldur's Gate Enlarged Edition :p

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited June 2012
    They said they are "enhancing" everything. UI, new quests and content, the base engine code, the graphics etc.

Trent Oster i believe used the word "overhauling" in his twitter and said they are doing it in everything as much as possible.

P.S. Of course, no matter how much the game will change appearance wise because of new artwork, it will still scream Baldur's Gate, same thing with UI and other stuff they change.

So don't worry.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited June 2012

*cough* ENHANCE *cough*

Ahem (Listen to this while reading the following):

"This is Bhaal. Bhaal is doing well. Very well indeed! That's because not long ago, with just a quick phone call, Bhaal realized that he could have something better in his life! And what did he get? Why, a big boost of confidence! A little more self-esteem! And a very happy missus at home!

Call now for your free Enzyte thirty-day trial! If it doesn't turn you into a God of Murder, nothing will!"
  • SaberstormSaberstorm Member Posts: 60

*cough* ENHANCE *cough*

Ahem (Listen to this while reading the following):

"This is Bhaal. Bhaal is doing well. Very well indeed! That's because not long ago, with just a quick phone call, Bhaal realized that he could have something better in his life! And what did he get? Why, a big boost of confidence! A little more self-esteem! And a very happy missus at home!

Call now for your free Enzyte thirty-day trial! If it doesn't turn you into a God of Murder, nothing will!"
    is this a joke? i don't get it.. :(
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    @Saberstorm It's an old commercial for Enzyte, a male enhancement product. @Aosaw is using some wordplay and replacing 'Bob' with Bhaal... I think the pun could've been more engrossed in the BG mythos though.
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    seriously if you like the vanilla BG how about you just play the original game? there is nothing wrong with adding content if you don't like it don't go through it,BG was much weaker than BG2,and that's not only due to the graphics part, it simply won't stand in 2012 markets in that state.