Skip to content

#19887 Thieves should not be able to hide in sight of enemies

MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
edited February 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I believe I read something similar already posted but I cannot find it.

Use case:

Preleminary
-Create a thief charname (in my test a fighter/thief, works with Yoshimo too). High score in Stealth / Hide to avoid "normal" failures (100 points).
-Create an enemy ("bob" hereafter) with a simple script casting CLERIC_TRUE_SIGHT (works with wizard too) when GOODCUTOFF/Player1/whatever is detected but not seen.

Tested at the very beginning of the game in ar0602 (should it matter)
-Console call : createcreature bob
-Try to hide charname in front of bob with the F6 stealth button: failure as expected
-Move charname away then hide
-Move charname close to bob. Bob casts true sight, charname invisibility is dispelled but the stealth button remains selected (red frame).
-let charname stay within bob's line of sight. You can move charname but do not take action cancelling her stealth button selection.
-as charname's and bob's rounds are not fully synchronized at some point you will see charname going back to invisibilty whereas she is in bob's line of sight. Invisibility will be deactivated again but if you let the phenomenon persist, you will witness a cycle of hide in plain sight / dispel invisibility (no shadow dancer kit involved).

That's done in a game with no particular mod but bob's cre and bcs files in the override folder - for convenience.
bob.cre is copied from ar18prie with all spells removed and then sppr505 re-added, all scripts removed and ily1.bcs declared as the default script - script name / deathvar renamed to bob. All in NI.
ily1.bcs is created from scratch.

Is it expected?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    @Gate70
    I am just curious. Was the previous message acknowledged? (or already accepted/rejected).
    Thanks.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Well I read it and promptly got sidetracked before forgetting. I'll log it on the basis below which I think should avoid the need for overrides.
    Thanks

1. Load the attached ToB save.
    2. Have Neera cast True Sight (2 -> F6).
    3. With the mouse over Neera, enter the following console command.
    C:Eval('Enemy()')
    4. Move the protagonist next to the armor at x1270 y1836.
    5. Order the protagonist to hide (F6).
    6. Once the protagonist is hidden, move him near to Neera.
    7. Wait a few rounds, reviewing the combat log.

*Observed*
    Hide in Shadows succeeds within visual range of the hostile Neera.

*Expected*
    Hide in Shadows should fail, and the Stealth icon should be greyed out.

*Note*
    Attempting to hide within sight of Neera at step 4 produces the expected behaviour.
    If the protagonist approaches Neera when hidden, True Sight reveals him and subsequent stealth attempts are allowed.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    @Gate70
    Thank you!