Skip to content

How to play an evil party?

2»

Comments

• BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Kagain if vanilla, Shar-teel if Tutu.

Only reason I say this is because it occurred to recently that Kagain's 20 CON is a *huge*advantage in the original game, where you had limited pots, only 1 healing spell until cleric level 7, and no "rest until healed."

This actually makes vanilla more interesting, because if multiple party members get hurt, you're S-O-L until you can get to a temple.

In Tutu (and presumably, BG:EE), Kagain's regenerative abilities aren't unique. "Rest until healed" essentially gives that power to your entire party.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Quartz said:

Will you need Kagain if you take Dorn in BGEE? Maybe not...

We can't know if they're interchangeable or not until we know Dorn's stats. I'm willing to bet he'll have a bad Dexterity, so they wouldn't be, but I don't actually know that, of course.
    But Kagain has bad Dex, so couldn't be much worse? Just stick Dex gauntlets on him, like with Kagain...
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Mungri said:

Ok I think I'll try kagain and dorn and keep monty, xzar and Edwin.

3 spellcasters, and 3 melees with a multi rogue sounds fine.

I'm purposefully going to play a gimp shapeshifter with 17 str, 15 dex, 15 con, 10 int, 15 wis, 15 Cha that can much later in BG2 dual to a fighter.

I don't think that's a gimped statline, especially when tomes are taken into consideration. In actuality, if I were playing PnP, I'd be ecstatic with a roll like that. It's just that being able to guarantee that you get multiple 18's in this game changes persepective.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Rabain said:

Donating to a temple seems too good for an evil party, there really should be a "bribe the government officials" option for evil parties so rep gets raised in an evil way.

Great idea! Although I actually "did" that on my evil playthrough. I technically used the temples, but I always imagined that instead of praying and giving a donation, Kagain locked the doors of the church, trapping the priest inside, while CHARNAME and Viconia walked up to the priest, put down some coins and told him that it would be very beneficial to his health tospeak some good about us and stuff. Ok that's more like blackmailing... But sometimes I did imagine some bribing too!

My party was btw:
    CHARNAME - fighter/cleric multi
    Imoen - for RP reasons (she whined a bit, but I taught her some respect and to keep her mouth shut)
    Edwin - naturally...
    Viconia - sweet Viconia, CHARNAME's only soft spot...
    Kagain
    and frankly I don't remember who was the sixth, I had different guys coming and going, but in the end it must have been Shar Teel...
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    Well the thing is a shapeshifter is a druid that needs to melee, and it can't wear any armor. The class itself is gimped while in human form. Its kind of evil even though its a TN class because you get to be a werewolf. Unfortunately the early game is easy as pie in werewolf form, not what I expected so its not really the gimpy class I once thought it was! But you can't cast any spells while being a werewolf.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    My current BGT-WEIDU evil party (a training run for BGEE) is almost the same, but CHARNAME is a lawful evil elf Fighter/Mage and I have Monteron as a stealthy backstabber/off-tank, as required. I did consider swapping Imoen for Safana (who is chaotic neutral), but think Imoen is a slightly better thief, has more useful weapon proficiences in BGT, is part of the main plot, and doesn't leave the party even when your reputation is rock-bottom, despite her good alignment (I think Jaheria is similar, in this respect).

Kagain is an awesome tank, once you give him something to boost his Dex, and Viconia and Edwin are the best cleric and mage, respectively, in the game. BTW in case you're not aware, on top of her good stats (and cool picture and voice) Viconia has high magic resistance as a special ability.

Its only very recently that I've played an evil party in BG1, and I'm having much more fun than with the good "canon" party... :-) Apparently its harder in BG2, though...

BTW don't forget the evil Bhaal powers you get after the dream sequences if your reputation is <10, again more fun than the "good" ones...