Skip to content

Dual into Fighter CON questions

Hello all long time lurker first time poster :) I think.. Well anyway I had a question about dualing into fighter.

Should I go with 16 CON or 18? I'm not sure about the mechanics here. Do these HP bonuses only apply with the first 10 levels of your character, regardless of class makeup? If I say had Swash 10/FTR 11, would I gain bonus HP with 18 CON?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    It depnds on when you dual. If you dual when you are Swash 10, like you suggest, then you gain no bonus from fighter hit dice. If you dual to fighter at swash 4, then you gain 5 levels of fighter hit dice (provided you decide to keep playing your character until level 9+). If you had a con of 18, you would gain 5 levels of fighter with +4 to hp each of those 5 levels. If you had a con of 16, you would gain 5 levels of fighter with +2 to hp each of those 5 levels. The first 4 levels of swash would be only +2 hp per those 4 levels from constitution whether or not your con was 16 or 25.

If at any time your constitution is increased or decreased, you also gain or lose hitpoints retroactively if you could have gained or not gained those hit points upon level up. For example, if you are a level 7 thief with 15 constitution and you use an item that gives you an increase constitution (16 or over), then you gain 7 hit points: 1 hit point for every hit dice that you would have gained had you always had 16 con). If your hit dice come from fighter levels instead, then you gain even more depending on how high your constitution is raised.

You stop gaining hit dice after level 9, regardless of single class/dual class/multiclass. You will still gain some small amount of hp depending on class, but you will cease to gain hit dice.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovKramerTheWeirdMusigny
  • KramerTheWeirdKramerTheWeird Member Posts: 14
    Great thanks!
    JuliusBorisovMusigny
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Thanks for point that out @sarevok57. I forgot.
    sarevok57JuliusBorisovGozetalolien