Skip to content

How Many Games Will You Be Playing in Parallel w/ BG?

SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I'm interested in seeing how many games people will be playing alongside BGEE. I always think differences in people's gaming habits are cool to discuss. I usually have about 2 or 3 games installed at once that I'll be running through at varying paces. That week of the 18th, I'll have Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and BGEE goin. I know some of my friends typically have half a dozen games installed at once, but others only allow themselves 1 installed game at a time.

So. How many games will you be playing in parallel w/ BGEE?
  1. How Many Games Will You Be Playing in Parallel w/ BG?145 votes
    1. 0 - BGEE will be getting all of my attention.
      46.90%
    2. 1-2
      36.55%
    3. 3-4
      10.34%
    4. 5+
        4.83%
    5. I don't play video games, I just have pollphilia (haha double entendre); show me the results.
        1.38%
Post edited by Smaug on

Comments

• TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I am currently playing IWD2, but once BG comes out I'll drop it for a while then probably pick it back up and play both when the initial excitement tones down a little!
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    i am going to play some borderlands 2 on the side, and a few games of heroes of newerth. but those are only because of the Multiplayer part. BGEE will have my full attention when I am alone.
    "my precious"
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    @etagloc If you wanna play some co-op Borderlands 2 some time, add me on Steam, Spook3030.
  • HertzHertz Member Posts: 109
    If all things go as planned... "The Fool and His Money" by Cliff Johnson, the sequel to "The Fool's Errand."

With the grace o' God and a long-handled spoon, of course. He's missed deadlines before.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    I'll keep playing EVE even if all I do is R&D courier missions and semi-afk ice mining while playing BG. Been looking forward to Torchlight 2 as well so I might get it too but most likely not on the launch-week.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Ok, BGEE would be my only focus if I only gamed by myself. At the very least I will be playing a game with one friend and another game with another friend, thus my 1-2 answer.

I can just see it now.

*Dingly Ding* "Oh great. He wants to play some more Iron Brigade now that they fixed the lag issue. I guess these mines will have to wait a few hours."
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    2 others... Baldur's Gate EE. Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 ARE ALL COMING OUT IN THE SAME WEEK.

ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!
  • CyricistCyricist Member Posts: 61
    Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Fallout: New Vegas DLC (only finished Honest Hearts so far), and most likely a game of League of Legends here and there.

Not to mention BGEE is something I'm going to be hitting more than once. Playing an Evil party with a friend. He's doing an Evil Blade, I'm doing a Blackguard. Also going to do three single player playthroughs, one for Good, one Neutral, one Evil.

I always do this, though. It sounds like a lot, but really it's not. Borderlands 2 is something I'll be playing with one friend, and League of Legends is something I play with the same friend. Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 are games I play with a different friend.

Really, the majority of my gaming time is spent in F:NV and GW2 lately. I'd say I hit the other games maybe once per week. I imagine when BGEE comes out, it'll get a few evenings devoted solely to it, before I resurface to play the other games. Only playing after 10:00 PM weeknights means I'm likely to only play one particular game each night.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Some sword of the stars and titan's quest in the background. Actually may add one or two in there, depending :D
  • alexofanderalexofander Member Posts: 1
    Besides BGEE I'll be playing Dota 2, Torchlight 1, Minecraft and possibly Bastion as well. Right now I have a new game of BGII going just to get me ready for the 18th, as well as the other games I have listed. Dota 2 and Minecraft are pretty much solely multiplayer for me, I don't do much on my own with them.
  • RhulqdahrRhulqdahr Member Posts: 28
    Borderlands 2, I Am Alive, Dark Souls and Guild Wars 2.
  • MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    Black Mesa is coming out four days before BG:EE. If I don't finish BM before then...
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    @Mirenheart Holy hell, how did I miss the BM release plans? I'll need to change my answer to 3-4.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I'm a chronic game-multi-tasker. I wish I was less so.

My current list of games I'm playing includes:

RPGS's:

BG Tutu: 2 camaigns going (moderately modded)

BG2 SOA: 4 campaigns going (moderatley modded)

IWD: 2 campaigns (only slightly modded, if I've finished one of them, I'll start a IWD talking NPC's campaign)

Planescape Torment: 1 campaign, only just escaped from the Mortuary for the 1st time.

Dragon Age: 3 campaigns going (unmodded)

Fallout3: 1 campaign (slightly modded)

Drakensang The Dark Eye: 1 campaign (unmodded)

Strategy games:

Heroes of Might and Magic IV: 1 campaign (Sir Worton)

Company of Heroes: 1 campaign (Normandy, currently still in Carentan only)

With the amount of games I play in parallel, for a single campaign to be completed can take 1-2 years sometimes.

I really wish I could restrain myself more (the backlog of games I bought and still have to play is even longer).
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    I normally play from one to two games at a time. This has been like this for the past 20 years?

I have not been playing regularly for the last 2 months. I have been on the forums, preparing my character for my first playthrough, reading my old instructions books,..

Why does the 18th September still seem so far away!!!!!
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284

Some sword of the stars and titan's quest in the background. Actually may add one or two in there, depending :D

What class are you playing in TQ? Tempted more and more to reinstall it and looking for a combo I haven't played.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    BGEE, DOTA 2 and maybe some WOW/D3.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Here's how many: NONE!

Currently doing a playthrough of BGII just to get in the mood. But after the 18th I'm going to MARRY BG:EE

Truth
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Just BGEE - FM2013 isn't out for a couple of months and I'll have a break from Civ5...
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Let's see...

Torchlight II
    Dark Souls
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
    Project Diva F
    Final Fantasy III
    The Last Story

...A nice amount.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    I have a hard time focusing for too long on an RPG after going back from work just because reading lots of dialogs is tiring so I'll probably play a couple games on the side. Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 and Starcraft 2 (HotS) come to mind.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    I use gameranger a lot, so I tend to play competative games of Command and conquer generals and Age of mythology. I sometimes play quake live as its the only first person shooter that really gets my heart racing. I love to adventure in skyrim, looking at the scenery and making my own quests and goals. I also love to throw some time at minecraft.
  • VhailorVhailor Member Posts: 12
    Neverwinter Nights multiplayer realms
  • harvman11harvman11 Member Posts: 33
    I'll still be playing some Halo multiplayer and perhaps some civ 5 as an occasional single player break, but most of my (little) gaming time will be devoted to BG:EE, for multiple playthroughs!
  • MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    Man, I have to try and balance school and BGEE. Thankfully my girlfriend understands.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    I always play one game at a time and try and finish it. If I try to play another game, I think to myself, I could be further in the previous game by now. So BGEE will get my undivided attention for a few months playing different characters.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    One game is plenty enough to distract me from my other responsibilities ;-)
  • gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    Will be playing BG:EE, Hearts of Iron: Arsenal of Democracy, Victoria 2, Hearts of Iron III, World War II Online: Battleground Europe, Star Wars: Rebellion, TIE Fighter, and The Second Age Ultima Online free to play server off and on over the next few weeks.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    In fairness the first two or three weeks bgee will probably have my full attention (with netflix playing in the background for a little background noise) and afterwards I'll play additional games along side bgee.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    It's rather odd for me since i tend to play one game for a very long stretch of time howerver in this case there are a lot of games ill be playing. They are,

BG:EE
    Skyrim
    Dishonored

and if i can

Black Mesa Source
    Torchlight II
    Dark Souls