Skip to content

Pre-load date?

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    WTF...
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    edited September 2012
    I can't imagine the horror that will overcome us all if pre-load does in fact start early and all the servers burn up anyway...
    that70sgirl7887ammmac
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    6:30 (MDT) and still no preloading, tomorrow maybe?
    ammmac
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    It's gonna be 2-3 days before release at best, don't get your hopes up for sooner.
    ammmac
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2012
    I'm kind of mad by now, srsly.

• SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216

I'm kind of mad by now, srsly.

AnOnionthat70sgirl7887Loreammmac
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    I see the practice of communicating in memes has been spreading on this forum.
    EquiptoAedan
  • ammmacammmac Member Posts: 5
    please give us more infomation on what stage yous are at with the pre-load
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I can hold my breath till the game comes out, but I would love to hear something from the team.
    ammmac
  • ammmacammmac Member Posts: 5
    please give us more infomation on what stage yous are at with the pre-load
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    edited September 2012
    Hey I accually level much quicker than in BG!

• ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    edited September 2012
    Donnhart said:

5 endless days to wait until release...

...i am already like

Poor kid. Wonder if that was a show done for the camera, or he had no idea he had left it on and submitted it later in calm, self aware, introspective enlightenment?. Although I've got to admit that if BG3 became a crap edition FPS I would just spontaneously explode in the same manner.

On topic though - I hope the same doesn't happen to Overhaul's server's when we all start downloading.

• VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    If they dont pre release today, they lied to us. Monday is the day before, not the week before.
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    I've heard rumors that asking for information about the pre-load does NOT make an anouncement about the date for the pre-load or an earler start of the pre-load more more likely. Can anyone confirm this?
    They're taking quite a risk with their servers, putting the pre-load start time and release day so close to each other. But hey, this isn't Blizzard, there's just no way the same thing (Diablo 3 Day of Fail) could happen to us, right?

Right?
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2012

@VampQueen31: I agree. We got screenshots like 3 secs before the launch date and it seems we will get the preload 3 nanosecs before the launch date. Oh, and they still have in the FAQ that they are gonna launch it in Spanish where the "translations are under way" thread says its delayed.
  • AnOnionAnOnion Member Posts: 30
    Chippy said:

Donnhart said:

5 endless days to wait until release...

...i am already like

Poor kid. Wonder if that was a show done for the camera, or he had no idea he had left it on and submitted it later in calm, self aware, introspective enlightenment?. Although I've got to admit that if BG3 became a crap edition FPS I would just spontaneously explode in the same manner.

On topic though - I hope the same doesn't happen to Overhaul's server's when we all start downloading.

It was staged for the camera. Also, this is me, trying to use an Apple computer.
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    my guess is it will start on Monday
  • InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    The download won't be big by any stretch, you know. There will be plenty of DLers but to be honest I think it'll be fine.
    edited September 2012
    Trent has said several times that the content for the PC version is 3-4GB. Couple thousand people trying to pull that all at once?

Server a splode.
    AnOnion said:

Trent has said several times that the content for the PC version is 3-4GB. Couple thousand people trying to pull that all at once?

Server a splode.

Everyone, enable p2p transfer on your Beamdog client. Let's all share our bandwidth.
    mlnevese
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    P2P on Beamdog should make the downloading fairly easy... I just wish they'd release it at least a day earlier so I could play right away on the 18th (minus the small update to make it playable.)

2-4 GBs take some time to download and I'd rather have it downloaded during the night when no one is using the Internet. :\
    alannahsmith
    edited September 2012
    CCarluNN said:

AnOnion said:

Server a splode.

Everyone, enable p2p transfer on your Beamdog client. Let's all share our bandwidth.
    I won't be using the beamdog client.
    azurit
    @sepotter What can I say? It's your choice.

This is correct. We're just sorting the last issues on the launcher. We've got some more testing planned for it and then when we have a stable main data set we'll start pre-loading. At the latest, a week before release.

-Trent

At any rate Trent said this on a different thread on September 1st, so maybe they're having issues with the launcher?
    I'll probably wait for someone to sniff the p2p info and create a standalone torrent. Then I'll help out.
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Well, now it looks like we'll be getting the Pre-load November 20 something. shucks
    Fake_Sketch
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    Its being delayed again? I wonder why they are having so many problems with an old game like Baldur's Gate. This does not fill me with confidence at their ability to produce games, its not like its a Direct X 12 Skyrim like game.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Its being delayed again?

Again? when was the first time?