Skip to content

Changing Kits via EEKeeper or Mods

So, which is the best way to change an NPC's Kit, with EEKeeper or Mods? If EEKeeper, then how exactly do you get all of the benefits from that kit to work. I'm wanting to change Hexxat to a Shadowdancer, and Minsc to a Berserker (Fighter). I also want to change some BG1 NPCs to a Kit.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I've found that the easiest way in EEkeeper to get all kit bonused added is to change the class and kit of the NPC in keeper, then reduce level of character to 0. Save, enter game, open character and level up. Then you always (in my experience) get the correct kit specific abilitites etc. You can add the abilitites for any kit to a character directly in eekeeper, but you will retain whatever regular class bonuses you have already recieved, unless you then actively remove them, ie thief skills for Hexxat. If you change her to shadowdancer she should get the kit penalty to thief skills, which will be applied if reducing her level to zero and removing any thief points already distributed.
  • KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, i wanted to change the NPCs to Kits/Classes that fit them more thematically. Change Hexxat to a Shadowdancer, Minsc to a Berserker, Rasaad to a Sun Soul Monk, Kagain to a Dwarven Defender, Kivan to a Archer, Ajantis to a Cavalier, and Faldorn to a Avenger. Maybe change Mazzy to a Cavalier or Undead Hunter as well.
    Post edited by Korbu on
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    With EEKeeper you can also use the kit / add kit buttons on the innate and effects tabs to install/remove the specific elements of a kit for a given level of that kit. This is very convenient.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Musigny said:

With EEKeeper you can also use the kit / add kit buttons on the innate and effects tabs to install/remove the specific elements of a kit for a given level of that kit. This is very convenient.

But not so easy for a not modder....
    EEkeeper is very easy to use, to add or remove something is not rocket science, the problem is to know what to add and what to remove.
    When I change an NPC usually I create a fake charname with the class or kit that I want and with the same CON for the HP if the NPC will change his class, level him to mach the NPC level in that class or kit and save.
    Then I open in EEkeeper (I use SKeeper but I think they work the same) both the saves and then is a simple copy and paste or remove to mach in the changedNPC save what is in the fake charname save.

how about Neera the wild sorcerer?

Did you actually try her?
    In the past I had the idea to create a charname wild sorcerer, the 2 most powerful casters in one.
    Then I asked myself what was the point of it. The wild mage is so strong because he can cast every spell he knows without memorizing it, with a lev1 spell, at the price of a possible wild surge. The sorcerer can naturally cast every spell he knows without memorizing it, multiple times, but the number of spells he knows is limited and can not be expanded reading scrolls, using the dweomer he can cast only what he can naturally cast without. I see some advantages like to cast a spell of a certain level also if he used all that level before or using the lev 1 to cast spells of lev 8 or 9. But since a wild mage must have a high level to cast dweomers without to much risk of a bad surge and at that level the sorc, with PI, wish and spell trap, can have almost infinite spells it seems to me that the wild sorcerer melts together the minus of both classes and not the plus.
    Since I did not try it in the real game my opinion can be wrong, so I am interested in the opinion of who actually did try it.

...Then I open in EEkeeper (I use SKeeper but I think they work the same) both the saves and then is a simple copy and paste or remove to mach in the changedNPC save what is in the fake charname save.

You should use EEKeeper.
    That's your mistake :wink:
    @Musigny , does it work also with not EE game?
    @gorgonzola
    I think so.
    @Musigny , WOW, seems a lot more user friendly then the old SK, thanks!
  • KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
    Yep, i used EEKeeper's "Kit" function to change Hexxat to a Shadowdancer yesterday. Had to remove the "Set Snare" Innate from her, and drop her "Set Traps" skill to 0 while redistributing her Thief Skills, works fine.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor, 2 interesting reasons. Thanks.