Skip to content

Petrified Dragomir-lost cloak-all around weirdness

lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
In my current run, I accompanied Hexxat to her tomb and in the battle against Dragomir, my wild mage used a scroll of chromatic orb and to my surprise it petrified the monster, and then Minsc smashed the statue.

It broke into tiny pieces and lo and behold there was no cloak of Dragomir left!

Here be spoilers:

I continued on to Hexxat's coffin, the fake Hexxat disbanded and the real Hexxat appeared. 'Please let me live mistress!' Played out but this time, fake H was not killed. Real H addressed me and went to Copper Coronet. I talked to the fake H who was standing there, and she responded as if she was disbanded from the party, I took her in. As we left the tombs, real H did not come to greet me for the cloak. (Maybe because I did not have it?)

Thus I had the fake H now in my party, I went to Copper Coronet, as I entered, real H was there and I could get her to my party, but I realised the fake H has stayed outside of the Coronet, BUT she was still in the party (with portrait and all) but she was unselectable and she just ended up gone, with portrait still in my party. That was a bit buggy for my taste so I reloaded, disbanded fake H before entering CC, and as I entered, only real H was there. Fake H has dissappeared completely.

I took in real H only to find out without the Cloak, she was pretty much unplayable. She talked and gave me the Dragomir's respite as usual. But no cloak, she can not go to sun, or her pretty face will melt off, yada yada. So I had to take her out only at midnight for my thieving needs, to loot Sanasha and Prebek's house as well as the Harpers hold. Yet I know I won't be able to play with her in SoA much.

Solution:make Dragomir immune to petrification/disintegration and cold damage (if he is not already immune to cold), or make the cloak undestructable so it is always left behind.

Comments

• BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @lunar
    Solution - Just use EEkeeper and give hexxat her cloak ^^.
    Strange accidents always happen when you least expected it.
    One of the post I read recently, someone disintegrated the Red Dragon and can't find Carsomyr ^^ (it was disintegrated in the process).
    Chromatic Orb has a strange way of helping low levels to achieve rather crazy results ... use it sparingly and wisely ^^
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    Actually, I think this is a very interesting find and may be useful for SoD as well. @Cerevant @elminster - maybe there's a way to make some items undestructable so that Chromatic Orb and/or a wildsurge doesn't unintentionally block the quests.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @Bubbles I play on Ipad except for modding on pc on occasion, so no console for now.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    On another note, she will come with the cloak when summoned in ToB via the spirit guide, right?