Skip to content

Enviromental Lightning counts as an attack

sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
So I had quite the amusing battle today, I was having an epic duel with our good ol' pal Drizzt, and as usual it started to rain ( like it always does) but then today something weird happened, right when I had Drizzt down to "near death" lightning struck one of my party members, then on the next round lightning struck Drizzt and fried him, but something most peculiar; I lost 4 reputation and gained 12 000 XP even though it wasn't me who killed him, so then I went to check out my most powerful vanquished and voila the party member that got struck by lightning was the one who "apparently" killed Drizzt, but the thing is, that party member didn't even participate in the battle, this is the first time that I've ever used to "environmental lightning" to gain a kill from something

so I'm assuming that lightning shouldn't count as a character weapon, and if it kills somebody there should be no XP gain/ REP loss since its the environment doing it not your character

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I'm not sure if this has been reported/discussed/justified elsewhere but I don't even think lightning should be causing damage at all. It's certainly not how it worked on the original game and it seems less like fun and more like a dick move from a sadistic DM.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in the vanilla BG1 it never did damage, but when bg2 came around it did half your health worth of HP regardless what your HP is at, so since bg1ee has the bg2 engine, the lightning bolt works like the bg2 lightning bolt, and since Drizzt was at near death, it completely fried him to a crisp
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    Oh, so THAT's why my characters in BG2:EE sometimes got hit by random lightning bolts! I thought it was some kind of glitch.