Skip to content

Edwin's quest(possible *spoilers*)

I have killed the Red Wizard(Degarden), who came the second time after Edwin, after polymorphing him back from Edwina to Edwin, but the quest "Edwin is being hunted by the Red Wizard" still hangs in the journal.
Is it the way it's supposed to be?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Kykuy
    The journal entry below should be removed. Is that the one, or do you have other entries?
    & if so could you zip and attach a save please.

Edwin is being hunted by the Red Wizards?

A Red Wizard by the name of Degardan appears to be hunting Edwin... our mage seems to have a hefty price on his head for angering his former colleagues. I have covered for Edwin for now, but I have the feeling this is not the last time I've seen Degardan.
  • KykuyKykuy Member Posts: 30
    Yes, the entry is exactly the same you stated.
    Save attached. Hope i did anything correctly.

I'd need the gam file, easiest to zip the 0000nnnn-savename folder.

& if you have a save from before Degardan's demise, could you attach that too please.
    Thanks
    Got it.

I ve got the save before... but, i suppose, its too way long before, back then Edwin was still Edwina. Attached it, nevertheless.
    My mistake - should have said the gam file too. I'll make a start on the after case where I have both.
    Thanks
    Uhm... well, i'll just reattach both cases' .gam and .sav files again, just to be sure.

Try this. Was there anything strange about the encounter, e.g. was Edwin dead when Degardan turned up, mazed, silenced, etc.

Also, do you have any mods installed and are you using version 1.3.2064 of the game.
    Thanks
    edited February 2016
    Version is 1.3.2064, yes, bought this game this Christmas))

As for mods - i have BG2 tweaks(of all their vast components only invisible helmets and avatar morping script were installed) and Item Upgrade Mod. I saw them in the topic "Mods compatible with the EE" so thought they are quite safe to use.

As for encounter - no, nothing of this sort, although i managed to dispatch Degardan in nearly 4-6 secs, if it makes any difference. I remember only one strange thing - Edwin has spoken twice his part about "I must kill you because you've seen me in female form" - first time during reverse polymorph back to male form(i guess, it's normal). Second one was after 5-10 secs after Degardan's death. And this one, i guess, isn't okay.

Tnx, ill try the modified save in the nearest future.

EDIT. Your save is working, as far as i can see, and the entry has moved to the "done quests" section of journal.
    The only thing i remain concern of - if i have missed some dialogue lines from Edwin regarding polymorphing back again to male form. Should there be any?