Skip to content

Was anyone ever be able to kill Terminsel?

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
Was anyone ever be able to kill Terminsel?

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("jatermin")

I will not spoiler his true identity, but he is probably the most powerful magician in the game.
(If you do not have well armed and prepared group on high levels, you will be dead within a few seconds.)
His defeat is challenge itself, but killing him is almost impossible because he is immune even against cheats.

But everything can be killed...

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Considering he has a Min1HP belt, I'm inclined to say the only way anyone's killing him is with the old TimeFlayer combo.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Pantalion said:

Considering he has a Min1HP belt, I'm inclined to say the only way anyone's killing him is with the old TimeFlayer combo.

There are 3 options:

1) TimeFlayer combo
    2) Disintegrate
    3) Flesh to Stone

But none of these tactics has not been too successful.
    He is a very hard nut to crack.
    edited February 2016
    elminster said:

Why would anyone want to kill someone with such a fantastic name? Terminsel - just rolls off the tongue :)

Because I can kick his arse even without a pointed hat and 2,000 years of preparations! :wink:
    And someone with such a fantastic name must possess fantastic items.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I want to kill Elminster, but all he wants to do is talk.

I want to kill Elminster, but all he wants to do is talk.

Try "Ring of the Ram".
    That makes him hostile.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Pantalion said:

What is TimeFlayer combo ?
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    edited February 2016
    I believe CLUAconsole has a kill command? Does that work?
    if it doesn't, anyone has a save game i could use and test my MG on him? ^^

P.S. I do not wish to activate cheat in the game (as the last time I tried.. strange things happens)
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    He mostly spam an infinite amount of Prismatic Ray (seems like he isn't affected by SCS).
    Is Shapechange to Mindflayer only restricted to priest and druid or can a mage also use it?

Where can you first time find Timestop scroll ?
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2016
    Edvin said:

Pantalion said:

There are 3 options:

1) TimeFlayer combo
    2) Disintegrate
    3) Flesh to Stone

But none of these tactics has not been too successful.
    He is a very hard nut to crack.
    He is immune to all those things. That was already provided by the "amulet" in the G3 BG2fixpack. Not sure about when this was introduced though.
    The only thing he is missing is a kind of destroy/kill(Playerx) scripted action for all the psychos trying to kill him :tongue:

Edit: amulet not ring
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    brus said:

Is Shapechange to Mindflayer only restricted to priest and druid or can a mage also use it?

Where can you first time find Timestop scroll ?

Shapechange is a level 9 mage spell, and can be emulated, once, by Limited Wish (level 7). For Timestop, I believe the first you'll see it reliably is in the underdark. Depending on your playstyle and classes, you might have Time Traps beforehand, in which case you can prep seven of those for a seventy second timestop by aggravating a summon when Terminsel appears.
    edited February 2016
    oops duplicate...
    I will kill this guy even if I have to make a mod that removes his immortality...

@Musigny
    You are great moder, do not you know what script is responsible for the behavior Min1HP?
    Even though I removed his belt, he is still immortal.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    His combat script is pretty straightforward--some triggers and protections followed by masses of 8th and 9th level spells. He can also teleport away before you can kill him.

And yes, his immortality is thanks to the fixed minhp1.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    It would be more "rewarding" to kill that charac who forces you to let go of Drizzt's swords.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @Edvin He has both an invisible and unremovable belt and left ring, I think removing his belt isn't enough to be able to kill him.
    The left ring just gives him stoneskin on spawn, hence the name of the item.
    @CamDawg
    By the way, I should mention that Terminsel cheats.
    He is using Ring of protection, cloak of protection and amulet of protection at the same time!
    Shame on him! :neutral:
    edited February 2016
    I've just figured it out that if you permute the word Terminsel you'll got Elminster. Coincidence?
    brus said:

I've just figured it out that if you permute the word Terminsel you'll got Elminster. Coincidence?

You have an amazing ability to understand things that are obvious to all others. :smiley:
    Oh no! An elminstericide!
    "I want no part of it"

Wait...
    No pointy hat, this guy is wearing a basic helmet ?!
    This is an outrage. Gamers of the World, unite!
    We want Beamdog to refund our money in full.
    Edvin said:

@CamDawg
    By the way, I should mention that Terminsel cheats.
    He is using Ring of protection, cloak of protection and amulet of protection at the same time!
    Shame on him! :neutral:

It's fairly common for high-level characters in BG/BG2 to cheat in some way; mostly to overcome lackluster AI or to give extra oomph to bosses. It ranges from generic buffing (e.g. HPs/AC/THAC0 above their theoretical max), illegal equipment, or additional immunities/resistances.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    1f I remembered correctly, in vanilla ... long time ago ...
    I think i killed him before he ranaway after conversation ... (oh dear my memmory is fragmenting .... ).