Skip to content

What to overhaul first: PST or IWD?

124»

Comments

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited December 2012
    For me, the BG-EE is still not good enough , developers still need to focus on BG-EE / BG2-EE . and let us feel the game is really be "Enhanced"

Otherwise , how can we support their next project ,
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    PST is leading? Really? OMFG.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513

PST is leading? Really? OMFG.

@CoM_Solaufein Frankly can't understand what's so surprising in poll's results?
    PST definitely needs face-lift in UI and graphic department..
    And IWD needs.. well, I don't actually know what it needs %)
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Planescape: Torment
    I have never really played it (well started but played like only 2 days) and now would be a good time to start.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I replayed IWD1+2 a few months ago. Good games, but not as immersive as BG1+2 (or PS:T). IWD1+2 are still fine on modern equipment, they don't need much technical update (but there again, I don't like widescreen even though I have it on one machine - I prefer to play games on another machine with a full-height screen).

I reckon PS:T is more in need of a technical update (higher resolutions, better combat, etc., but no change in content), while IWD is in need of additional content (NPCs with their own background stories and sidequests, new areas to explore). PS:T should therefore be easier to overhaul, because they've already done most of the necessary technical work on the game engine for BG:EE which would carry over directly into PS:T:EE, whereas new content for IWD:EE would require considerable new work.
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2012
    You're right guys, Overhaul games should give the "overhaul treatment" to all the Infinity Engine games! I can't wait for them to implement my long-desired Ravel romance sub-plot, complete with flirtation and *forbidden love*. And Neera, well, they should just put her in every game! Her "endearing" stupidity and recklessness is just too cute for me to abandon in a ditch by the roadside, a pitchfork protruding from her newly-excavated cranium!
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited December 2012
    Planescape: Torment times ten.

Icewind Dale looks gorgeous even now, since with Trials of the Luremaster, I believe, they use BG2 animations and sprites.
    The UI is gorgeous, the portraits are breath-taking, it runs great the spell-effects are even better than BG2's in my opinion.
    Plus it has been remade for NwN2, for those that want a fresher and updated or different spin.
    Though, Icewind Dale 2 has some issues with hardware acceleration, I believe but nothing game-breaking.

Torment is more or less like BG1, engine-wise and the UI hasn't aged well. Plus it's locked into a single resolution unless you use a special mod.